Kevin Costner Funeral Whitney Houston's Quotes

"I’m going to say some stories, some of them you know, maybe some of them you don’t.  The song "I Will Always Love You" almost wasn’t.  It wasn’t supposed to be in the movie. 



The first choice was going to be "What Becomes of a Broken Heart."  But it had been out the year before in another movie, and we felt that it wouldn’t have an impact, so we didn’t use it.
So what becomes of our broken hearts?  Whitney returns home today to the place that it all began, and I urge us all to dry our tears, suspend our sorrow and perhaps anger, to remember the sweet miracle of Whitney."


"Whitney and I have a lot in common.  I know many at this moment are thinking "really?’  She’s a girl, you’re a boy.  You’re white, she’s black.  We heard you like to sing, but our sister could really sing.  So what am I talking about … We both grew up in the Baptist church.  Wasn’t as big as this.  My grandmother played the piano and she led the choir.  And her two daughters, my mom and my aunt, both sang in it."

"I told Whitney that I always worried God was gonna ask me to be a preacher.  Whitney told me she wasn’t worried at all.  She wasn’t waiting for no whisper.  She told God she was gonna be like Aretha, like her famous cousin Dionne.  There can be little doubt now that she’s joined their ranks."

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts