"The X Files" Star Gillian Anderson Admits Lesbian Affair But She Doesn't Believe She Is Gay 100% !

Gillian Anderson of "The X-Files" has revealed that she had a lesbian relationship when she was a teenager.




"I was in a relationship with a girl for a long time when I was in high school," Anderson states to the new issue of "Out Magazine". However, she claimed that once having a girlfriend does not make her a lesbian.

"If I had thought I was 100% gay, would it have been a different experience for me? Would it have been a bigger deal if shame had been attached to it and all those things that become huge life-altering issues for youngsters in that situation?" she asks of the experience. "It’s possible that my attitude around it came, on some level, from knowing that I still liked boys."

Anderson further reveals that before finding small screen fame, she tended toward relationships with shock value.



"Then I was in a relationship with a punk rock drug addict. Yeah, well, you know, I’m old enough that I can talk about that. And then I was in a relationship with somebody who was way, way older than me. Everything that that kind of anarchistic attitude brings,the inappropriate behavior it leads to,was how I chose to be in the world at that time," she says. "Based on how I chose to look, dress, behave, you know,the relationships I was in at the time were freaking people out."

What do you think of Gillian Anderson's statements over her relationships?  Is she gay or bi?

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Photo credit: Out Magazine and WENN


Comments

Popular Posts