"Baywatch Star" Gained 10 Pounds In A Single Day, Suffered From Heart Palpitations And Dramatic Hair Loss !

"Baywatch" star Gena Lee Nolin gave an impression of a powerful lifeguard saving lives on the beaches of California due to her role on tv series "Baywatch" but behind the scenes she felt quite the contrary...



You may wonder: "What's the reason for feeling anything but strong and beautiful?"

Well, Nolin’s once long blonde locks were becoming dry and brittle and falling out in clumps. No matter what Nolin ate or how much she worked out, her weight ballooned. She suffered severe depression and fatigue and found herself throwing up between takes. Sometimes she couldn't remember what she was talking about from one moment to the next.

"It seemed to really start after the birth of my son, so I put it down to post-partum depression, but I would literally gain 10 pounds in a single day and was constantly puffy and bloated, which is very tough when you’re in this industry," Nolin revealed. "It was after "Baywatch" when I was working on another show "Sheena" in Florida that I really started to feel the symptoms and gain a lot of weight. There was definitely idle chit chat on the set that maybe I should work out more or try a new diet, but nothing made a difference."

Things took an even more serious turn while Nolin was pregnant with her third child and had to be hospitalized with severe heart palpitations.

"I almost had to be cardioverted and was put on all these medications and told to see a cardiologist, which was very frightening when you’re just a couple of months away from giving birth," Nolin recalled.

Seven months later, doctors finally understood what was wrong.

It turned out that for more than a decade, Nolin had unknowingly been struggling with Hashimoto's disease, a disease in which the immune system attacks and destroys the thyroid. It has to be mentioned that this thyroid disease affects  30 million Americans, more than half of which go undiagnosed and untreated.

"It is a very confusing and misunderstood disease and I want to help as many women as I can," Nolin, who has now teamed up with leading thyroid expert and integrative health owner Dr. Alan Christianson, NMD to shed light on the issue through the Facebook Community "Thyroid Sexy."

Despite Nolin isn't quit back to normal, she’s positive that she's at least on the road to recovery.

"I’ve been following a gluten-free diet and doing a lot of different things to help with my Hashimoto’s disease," Nolin added. "I have never really told my story until now, but I want to other help people get through this."

I have to admit that I hadn't heard of that disease. Gena should have felt really scared. If that happened to me, I would certainly have a panic attack...Too many undesired symptoms that give you the creeps! I am happy that Gena faced bravely her disease and it is admirable that she spreads knowledge about it. 



What do you think?

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts