Beth Ditto: "Lady Gaga's Music Is For 5 Year Olds"

Beth Ditto claims she is a Lady Gaga fan but feels her music has no impact on an older generation and that Gaga's music is for "five year olds". Ditto believes Lady Gaga’s music is appreciated by the younger generation because it is a new sound to them.




''I think her music is for five year olds. Like when I was five, for me it was Madonna, Cyndi Lauper and Michael Jackson. Those people were iconic," Ditto tells BANG Showbiz. ''I'm 31 so that was like 26 years ago. I think that for the five year old watching MTV right now Lady Gaga is going to be an iconic person.

"In 20 years, the people who are here and talking to journalists will be like, "Oh Lady Gaga changed my life, Nicki Minaj changed my life." They'll be saying who influenced them and it will be Lady Gaga, Nicki Minaj, artists like that. I don't think it's as relevant when a 31-year-old is saying the same things.''



Ditto continued: ''I think that what she does is interesting and you know it's contributing in a really big way. But if you're watching Lady Gaga as a kid it's so much different than when you're 31. It's like yeah we like her songs but because we're experiencing them as 31-year-olds it doesn't have the same impact. The five year olds listening to Lady Gaga are ripping their hair out because they've never seen or heard anything like it.''

What do you think of Beth Ditto's statements about Lady Gaga's music?

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts