Demi Lovato Depressed

Demi Lovato revealed that she began dealing with depression when she was a child and began cutting herself when she was 11.



"I never found out until I went into treatment that I was bipolar," Lovato told People magazine. "Looking back it makes sense. There were times when I was so manic, I was writing seven songs in one night and I'd be up until 5:30 in the morning. I feel like I am in control now where my whole life I wasn't in control."

It has to be mentioned that Lovato first spoke about her mental issues in mid-April and told Seventeen magazine: "I basically had a nervous breakdown."




Demi admitted to physically striking one of her backup dancers, Alex Welch, during the South American leg of her tour. Reports of the confrontation were leaked late last year, after Lovato checked herself into a medical center to deal with "physical and emotional issues." ABC News quoted the actress as saying: "I take 100 percent, full responsibility. I feel horrible."

Her family and management, Lovato stated "sat me down and said, '"You can't live like this.""




It is very important that Demi Lovato has taken full responsibility of her mental issues and opened up about depression instead of hiding. It appears that Demi is very honest and brave. I bet that many of her fans feel a deep connection to her after her recent confessions.

What do you think?

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts