Kelly Preston On Scientology: "I Will Forever Be Indebted To Them"

Kelly Preston suffered a loss, the death of her beloved son Jett, but she claims she found strength in the "Church of Scientology"and that she will "forever be indebted," to them.






Kelly and her husband John Travolta were devastated when Jett died in the Bahamas in January, 2009, after suffering from a seizure and hitting his head, but she states she learned to deal with the pain.

"In Scientology, we have what’s called "auditing" and that helps you to address things in your life and to strip them away," she said on the television show "The Conversation" with Amanda Cadenet.







"It's a path of spiritual enlightenment. Also, it helps rid the mind of painful experience completely. Through that, the people at my church literally held my hand and got me through... I will forever be indebted" Preston quoted as saying.

Kelly, 49, revealed the tragedy was almost unbearable. "I felt at times like I was drowning. It felt like a sea of wet blankets," but she claimed there was enormous support and love that she felt.


Preston told she found the strength to go on slowly. "And then I just peeled them off, layer by layer, so that I can now say, "I want to live. I love life. My life is beautiful and amazing."

Kelly said her church is what helped her get through her grief. "You never forget, but I feel like the weight of the world was lifted" and that the she wanted to live after Jett’s death.

"Nobody should have to lose a child. It's unfathomable. But I'm here to say that you can get through it. You can live again. You can want to live again" Preston added.

What do you think?

Did Scientology help Preston to get through her son's unbearable loss?

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts