Marilyn Monroe Life Quotes

1. I'm selfish, impatient and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.



2. I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

3. Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.

4. A wise girl kisses but doesn't love, listens but doesn't believe, and leaves before she is left.

5. I am good, but not an angel. I do sin, but I am not the devil. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love.

6. If you can make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything.

7. The real lover is the man who can thrill you by kissing your forehead or smiling into your eyes or just staring into space.




8. This life is what you make it. Not matter what, you're going to mess up sometimes, it's a universal truth. But the good part is you get to decide how you're going to mess it up. Girls will be your friends - they'll act like it anyway. But just remember, some come, somg go. The ones that stay with you through everything - they're your true best friends. Don't let go of them. Also remember, sisters make the best friends in the world. As for lovers, well, they'll come and go too. And babve, I hate to say it, most of them - actually pretty much all of them are going to break your heart, but you can't give up because if you give up, you'll never find your soul mate. You'll never find that half who makes you whole and that goes for everything. Just because you fail once, doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always, always, always believe in yourself, because if you don't, then who will, sweetie? So keep your head high, keep your chin up, and most importantly, keep smiling, because life's a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about. 

9. If you're gonna be two-faced at least make one of them pretty. 






10. It's better to be unhappy alone than unhappy with someone.

11. When it comes down to it, I let them think what they want. If they care enough to bother with what I do, then I'm already better than them. 

12. Ever notice how "What the hell" is always the right answer?

13. Give a girl the right shoes, and she can conquer the world.

14. We should all start to live before we get too old. Fear is stupid. So are regrets.

15. I've never fooled anyone. I've let people fool themselves. They didn't bother to find out who and what I was. Instead they would invent a character for me. I wouldn't argue with them. They were obviously loving somebody I wasn't. 

16. She was a girl who knew how to be happy even when she was sad. And that’s important—you know  


17. Beneath the makeup and behind the smile I am just a girl who wishes for the world.

18. I don't mind living in a man's world, as long as I can be a woman in it. 

19. Who said nights were for sleep?



20. The nicest thing for me is sleep, then at least I can dream. 


21. All little girls should be told they are pretty, even if they aren't. 

22. Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition.

23. It's not true that I had nothing on. I had the radio on.


24. You believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself.

25. We are all of us stars, and we deserve to twinkle.

26. If I'd observed all the rules I'd never have got anywhere.

27. It's often just enough to be with someone. I don't need to touch them. Not even talk. A feeling passes between you both. You're not alone.

28. I want to grow old without facelifts. I want to have the courage to be loyal to the face I have made. 

29. Success makes so many people hate you. I wish it wasn't that way. It would be wonderful to enjoy success without seeing envy in the eyes of those around you. 

30. Dogs never bite me. Just humans.

31. Sex is part of nature. I go along with nature.

32. I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot!

33. I don't mind making jokes, but I don't want to look like one.

34. I don't want to make money, I just want to be wonderful. 


35. You never know what life is like, until you have lived it.


36. I restore myself when I'm alone.


37. It's all make believe, isn't it?

38. Keep smiling, because life is a beautiful thing and there's so much to smile about. 

39. Diamonds are a girls best friend.

40. The body is meant to be seen, not all covered up.

41. Sometimes things fall apart so that better things can fall together

42. We are all born sexual creatures,thank God, but it's a pity so many people despise and crush this natural gift.

43. I don't mind being burdened with being glamorous and sexual. Beauty and femininity are ageless and can't be contrived, and glamour, although the manufacturers won't like this, cannot be manufactured. Not real glamour; it's based on femininity. 

44. Hollywood is a place where they'll pay you a thousand dollars for a kiss and fifty cents for your soul. I know, because I turned down the first offer often enough and held out for the fifty cents. 

45. I'm very definitely a woman and I enjoy it.

46. What do I wear in bed? Why, Chanel No. 5, of course

47. I have feelings too. I am still human. All I want is to be loved, for myself and for my talent.  





48. If I play a stupid girl and ask a stupid question, I've got to follow it through, what am I supposed to do, look intelligent?

49. I used to think as I looked out on the Hollywood night — there must be thousands of girls sitting alone like me, dreaming of becoming a movie star. But I'm not going to worry about them. I'm dreaming the hardest. 

50. Before marriage, a girl has to make love to a man to hold him. After marriage, she has to hold him to make love to him.


51. I've been on a calendar, but never on time.

52. All a girl really wants is for one guy to prove to her that they are not all the same.

53. I love to do the things the censors won't pass. 

54. I learned to walk as a baby and I haven't had a lesson since.

55. Friendship is the bestiest thing that comes to life . Friends will always be there for you don't worry about the fakes worry about the people who had your back from the start and never treated you wrong always remember they are your real friends don't never take them as granted because one day your going to lose a good friend by the way your action's are when you see a good friend stick to that person .

56. Wanting to be someone else is a waste of the person you are. 

57. A sex symbol becomes a thing. I hate being a thing.


58. Love and work are the only two real things in our lives. They belong together, otherwise it is off. Work is in itself a form of love.

59. I have too many fantasies to be a housewife.... I guess I am a fantasy.

60. I knew I belonged to the public and to the world, not because I was talented or even beautiful, but because I had never belonged to anything or anyone else. 

61. When you have a good friend that really cares for you and tries to stick in there with you, you treat them like nothing. Learn to be a good friend because one day you're gonna look up and say I lost a good friend. Learn how to be respectful to your friends, don't just start arguments with them and don't tell them the reason, always remember your friends will be there quicker than your family. Learn to remember you got great friends, don't forget that and they will always care for you no matter what. Always remember to smile and look up at what you got in life.

62. I am invariably late for appointments - sometimes as much as two hours. I've tried to change my ways but the things that make me late are too strong, and too pleasing. 

63. I live to suceed, not to please you or anyone else.




64. Some people have been unkind. If I say I want to grow as an actress, they look at my figure. If I say I want to develop, to learn my craft, they laugh. Somehow they don't expect me to be serious about my work.

65. A career is wonderful, but you can't curl up with it on a cold night.

66. Looking back, I guess I used to play-act all the time. For one thing, it meant I could live in a more interesting world than the one around me. 

67. How wrong it is for a woman to expect the man to build the world she wants, rather than to create it herself.

68. I read poetry to save time.

69. I'm for the individual as opposed to the corporation. The way it is the individual is the underdog, and with all the things a corporation has going for them the individual comes out banged on her head. The artist is nothing. It's really tragic. 

70. Boys think girls are like books, If the cover doesn't catch their eye they won't bother to read what's inside". 

71. I've often stood silent at a party for hours listening to my movie idols turn into dull and little people.  





72. The thing I want more than anything else? I want to have children. I used to feel for every child I had, I would adopt another.

73. Too often they don't realize what they have until it's gone.
...they're too stubborn to say, "Sorry, I was wrong"
they hurt the ones closest to their hearts,and we let the most foolish things tear us apart 

74. Just because you fall once, doesn't mean you're fall at everything. Keep trying, hold on, and always trust yourself, because if you don't then who will??

75. Just because you fail once doesn't mean you're gonna fail at everything.

76. Husbands are chiefly good as lovers when they are betraying their wives.

77. Sometimes I think it would be easier to avoid old age, to die young, but then you'd never complete your life, would you? You'd never wholly know you.

78. There's only one sort of natural blonde on earth - albinos. 


79. It’s better for the whole world to know you, even as a sex star, than never to be known at all.

80. Your clothes should be tight enough to show you're a woman but loose enough to show you're a lady

81. To all the girls that think you’re fat because you’re not a size zero, you’re the beautiful one, its society who’s ugly. 

82. That's the way you feel when you're beaten inside. You don't feel angry at those who've beaten you. You just feel ashamed. 


83. I could never pretend something I didn't feel. I could never make love if I didn't love, and if I loved I could no more hide the fact than change the color of my eyes. 

84. I wanted to ask a thousand questions, but there was no one to ask. Besides I knew that people only told lies to children-lies about everything from soup to Santa Claus. 

85. When you're young and healthy you can plan on Monday to commit suicide, and by Wednesday you're laughing again.

86. You might as well make yourself fly as to make yourself love.

87. For those who are poor in happiness, each time is a first time; happiness never becomes a habit.

88. Men are always ready to respect anything that bores them. 










89. But chiefly, no lies! No lies about there being a Santa Claus or about the world being full of noble and honorable people all eager to help each other and do good to each other. I'll tell her there are honor and goodness in the world, the same as there are diamonds and radium.

90. Suicide, is a persons privilege. I don't believe it's a sin or a crime it's your right if you do. Though it doesn't get you anywhere. 

91. Trying to build myself up with the fact that I have done things right that were even good and have had moments that were excellent but the bad is heavier to carry around and feel have no confidence. 

92. People had a habit of looking at me as if I were some kind of mirror instead of a person. They didn't see me, they saw their own lewd thoughts, then they white-masked themselves by calling me the lewd one. 

93. I would have told her then she was the only thing that I could
love in this dying world but the simple word "love" itself already died and went away. 

94. An actress is not a machine, but they treat you like a machine. A money machine.

95. Being a sex symbol is a heavy load to carry, especially when one is tired, hurt and bewildered.

96. Fame will go by and, so long, I've had you, fame. If it goes by, I've always known it was fickle. So at least it's something I experience, but that's not where I live.

97. First, I'm trying to prove to myself that I'm a person. Then maybe I'll convince myself that I'm an actress.

98. I am invariably late for appointments - sometimes as much as two hours. I've tried to change my ways but the things that make me late are too strong, and too pleasing.

99. I am involved in a freedom ride protesting the loss of the minority rights belonging to the few remaining earthbound stars. All we demanded was our right to twinkle.

100. I don't want to make money, I just want to be wonderful.

101. I guess I have always been deeply terrified to really be someone's wife since I know from life one cannot love another, ever, really.

102. If I'm a star, then the people made me a star.

103. It's often just enough to be with someone. I don't need to touch them. Not even talk. A feeling passes between you both. You're not alone.

104.My work is the only ground I've ever had to stand on. I seem to have a whole superstructure with no foundation but I'm working on the foundation.

105. There was my name up in lights. I said, "God, somebody's made a mistake." But there it was, in lights. And I sat there and said, "Remember, you're not a star." Yet there it was up in lights.

106. Dreaming about being an actress, is more exciting than being one. 

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

  1. There was something about Marilyn and I adore her so much. Thanks for compiling this quotes, im gonna share this in my blog too!

    http://healthybautifulblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts