Why Was Demi Lovato In Rehab ?

Demi Lovato did not suffer from drug addiction. She admitted though that she did have some issues with controlling her anger.



When she attacked one of her back-up dancers on a plane for no apparent reason, she realized she had an anger management problem that required professional help.

In a matter of days, she was in rehab, shutting herself from the world to deal with everything that had been going in her life for months, she revealed in the interview cited by PopEater.

Demi feels better now, but she will always have this damaged relationship with food and her body.

"I don’t think there’s going to be a day when I don’t think about food or my body, but I’m living with it, and I wish I could tell young girls to find their safe place and stay with it," Demi claimed in the candid interview.  


"I allow myself a lot of freedom and I’m very peaceful now," Demi revealed, admitting that she’s finally found balance in her life.

That doesn't mean that she still doesn’t struggle.

"There have been times when I definitely have been tempted to get rid of my dinner. I will deal with it for the rest of my life because it’s a life-long disease," Demi Lovato revealed.

"It’s very crucial that you get your feelings out – but don’t ever inflict harm on your own body because your body is so sacred," Demi told.



"If you are going through that dark period, go to your family and closest friends. Don’t put yourself in danger," Demi advised.

To conclude, Demi Lovato went to rehab due to her cutting issue and her eating disorder, which could both be considered as  serious emotional and mental problems. Demi later was diagnosed as bipolar.

It has to be mentioned that Demi has a past of being bullied, which is the reason of her low self esteem. Maybe the tour with The Jonas Brothers had put a lot of pressure on her and she didn't know how to handle the situation.


What do you think?

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts