Debbie Harry Quotes

1. Lately I've been believing that music predates speech.







2. I don't mind if my skull ends up on a shelf as long as it's got my name on it.

3. I love the ACLU and I'm concerned now, especially when it comes to our rights, with current politics and the religious community and the Conservative majority or minority - I don't know who they are.

4. But, you know, the issues of humanity and what is fair treatment and good treatment of a fellow human being should not really be based on a personal sense of right and wrong or judgment.

5. I have a lot of regrets, but I'm not going to think of them as regrets.


6. That was the impetus for me to do music or art, because I knew if I didn't try when I was young, then I would get to be in my 40's and I'd be really unhappy that I hadn't.

7. And I wasn't convinced that I was the most talented person in the world.

8. Capote wrote every day. He said that's the only way, you have to sit down every day and do it.

9. I do know the effect that music still has on me - I'm completely vulnerable to it. I'm seduced by it.

10. I'm a culture vulture, and I just want to experience it all.

11. We probably, as primitive people, made music before we actually had a language, and that's where language comes from.


12. Music is wonderful. Especially if there's some kind of content to it.






13. And living in a metropolitan area which is ethnically diverse, our lives are very complicated, so our emotional experiences are going to be varied like that.

14. I always say the new album is the best one yet. I always feel that - I really do, because it's the latest and it's the newest and it's a little bit better.

15. You always fall for the rascal or the guy who's got a little bit of the devil in him. You can't help it.


16. I turned on VH1 this morning just to get a little warm-up before I came over here, and I think it's just terrific. There's so much great stuff: diverse and wonderful music, good performances, great looking girls, great videos, the whole thing.



17. Christina Aguilera is an incredible musician and singer.

18. I feel like I have to have a voice.

19. Something's that written out is okay, but it's not always a clear indication of what a person means.

20. But as a writer and performer, I want to get paid for what I do.

21. But computers have changed the world for everyone, so there will be some way of working it out.


22. We wanted to enjoy what we were doing and we had business things we had to straighten out and personnel problems and it sort of took a little time to do it.

23. And New Year's Eve is very, very important to me.

24. I always work on New Year's Eve, no matter what.

25. I get myself a gig somewhere, whether it's in a club, whether it's in a bar, it doesn't matter, and I just work on New Year's Eve because I always feel it's very symbolic for me for the next year, for the new year.

26. I've had some lovely extraordinary experiences on New Year's Eve.


27. I mean I think that Blondie's influence is a little bit in a way more eclectic than those bands.

28. I think it's a Blondie tradition that all of our albums sort of have a wide spread of styles.

29. I really, really like writing songs.

30. I did have regular boyfriends and with them, I could be a bad girl, but I wasn't like a bad girl for the neighborhood or a big slut.

31. We don't have control over that. I think it stinks. I don't like it. It just makes me feel like I should carry a mop at all times.


32. We never toured (together) in the past and I am looking forward to this. I think it's going to be a very powerful show. It's probably one of the most compatible bills that we've ever been on as far as far as music styles.



33. This was like going to school for us. It's part of our heritage. It would be horrible to see it close.

34. The only thing I really wanted to be was a beatnik, and look what happened: I ended up being in a band.

35. I feel one of the things I brought to rock and roll was that sort of movie star glamour and image, and that's what always fascinated me. I always wanted to be that blonde, glowing woman on film, and it was sort of automatically thrown at my feet - and I went with it.

36. I certainly didn't think that we would get back together after we broke up in the '80s, but there you go.


37. A lot of the bands were really, really different and a lot of them actually didn't become huge but I think were hugely influential.



38. Morality should have to do with killing people or hurting them or stealing from them, but when it comes to adult choices, I don't see it.

39. The radio stations have become big conglomerates, so the programming has become more unified throughout the whole country.

40. There was some healthy competition going on, but it wasn't about the music itself.


What do you think of Debbie Harry's quotes?

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts