Eva Mendes In Rehab

Eva Mendes checked into Utah's Cirque Lodge (in 2008) and has been in the facility, which deals with substance abuse problems, for several weeks.  








"Eva has been working hard for the past year and made a positive decision to take some much-needed time off to proactively attend to some personal issues that, while not critical, she felt deserved some outside professional support. Out of respect for Eva's privacy, we do not wish to discuss further details," her rep explained.

It has never been reported the substance for which Mendes is being treated.


Talking to Interview magazine in 2009, Mendes expressed her sensitivity to people mocking the celebrities and their trips to rehabilitation units. In response to interviewer David Coleman’s ill-hitting joke on how Alcoholics Anonymous should be called "Alcoholics Unanimous", Mendes made the following statement: 



"I’m not angry. But because celebrities’ lives are so visible, I think it makes it look lighter than it is. I have a really good sense of humor, I’m just very sensitive. The other day I was reading an article. I don’t even remember who the actress was, but she’s been around for a long time. She said something like: "I’m proud that I’ve had a whole career without making it to rehab." I thought, That’s such a negative twist on it. I’m proud of people who have the determination and the fearlessness to actually go and face their demons and get better. This is a life or death situation. Again, I’m not a spokesperson for this, but it’s just that I want to support people for their decisions when they do go in and get help."


Eva Mendes however, who has always exposed a "clean" image and has been praised for her healthy lifestyle refused to reveal any details.


The "Daily Mail" quotes, adding: "Out of respect for Eva’s privacy, we do not wish to discuss further details."

Mendes confirmed her position to Interview: "There are so many lies out there regarding my recent trip to Cirque Lodge. But I don’t care what people think. I just don’t care. So I will neither confirm nor deny. I think now we just know way too much about our celebrities. It’s not that interesting when you know that much about people. I have no ego about me. It’s just better for you not to know, because it really does make me a better actor at the end of the day. You’re not going into the movie with all these specifics about me."

Eva continues: "It's because everybody is so highly visible now. We see everything. We see what celebrities buy at the supermarket. It's ridiculous. It's that visibility. I'm confused by this whole celebrity-obsessed culture. It's really weird."


It has to be mentioned that Cirque Lodge has become very popular when Lindsay Lohan has made her stint there to treat her substance abuse problems. Demi Moore has recently entered rehab in Utah's Cirque Lodge to treat her substance abuse and eating disorder. According to reports, Demi has successfully done her stint in rehab!


What do you think of Eva Mendes' attitude towards her substance abuse and the way society treats celebs?

The truth is that since 2009 Eva Mendes is doing great. There is no relapse and she radiates happiness!



Photo credit: WENN

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts