Grace Kelly Quotes

1. As an unmarried woman, I was thought to be a danger.


2. Getting angry doesn't solve anything. 



3. Women's natural role is to be a pillar of the family.

4. The freedom of the press works in such a way that there is not much freedom from it.

5. Other women looked on me as a rival. And it pained me a great deal.

6. I don't want to dress up a picture with just my face.


7. If anybody starts using me as scenery, I'll return to New York.


8. Emancipation of women has made them lose their mystery.



9. I don't want to be married to someone who feels inferior to my success or because I make more money than he does.

10. I don't like yelling and fighting, and I can't quarrel.

11. For a woman, forty is torture, the end.

12. I would like to be remembered as someone who accomplished useful deeds, and who was a kind and loving person. I would like to leave the memory of a human being with a correct attitude and who did her best to help others.


13. I’ve been accused of being cold, snobbish, distant. Those who know me well know that I’m nothing of the sort. If anything, the opposite is true. But is it too much to ask to want to protect your private life, your inner feelings? Lots of things touch me and I don’t want to be indiscreet.

14. I avoid looking back. I prefer good memories to regrets.

15. I am basically a feminist. I think that women can do anything they decide to do.

16. Before my marriage, I didn’t think about all the obligations that were awaiting me. My experience has proved useful and I think that I have a natural propensity to feel compassion for people and their problems.


17. My father had a very simple view of life: you don’t get anything for nothing. Everything has to be earned, through work, persistence and honesty. My father also had a deep charm, the gift of winning our trust. He was the kind of man with whom many people dream of spending an evening.



18. My parents, despite their serious attitude toward life in general, and that of their children in particular, were very broadminded people. There was no such thing as a bad profession for them. As I was their daughter, they knew that, whatever profession I chose, I would do it well. That was enough for them. There was always trust among the Kellys.

19. When I married Prince Rainier, I married the man and not what he represented or what he was. I fell in love with him without giving a thought to anything else.

20. It would be very sad if children had no memories before those of school. What they need most is the love and attention of their mother.

21. I’ve always treated my children as beings in their own right. I respect their feelings and aspirations entirely.


22. The sometimes inquisitive and unhealthy interest that the media show in us is often the source of childish anxieties that are hard to allay. I do everything I can to protect my children from them.


23. Although I’ve played a wide variety of roles, I’ve never had the chance to act in a story written specially for me. It’s a pity as they are the only stories that really let you reveal your personality.

24. I hated Hollywood. It’s a town without pity. Only success counts. I know of no other place in the world where so many people suffer from nervous breakdowns, where there are so many alcoholics, neurotics and so much unhappiness.


25. Mr. Hitchcock taught me everything about cinema. It was thanks to him that I understood that murder scenes should be shot like love scenes and love scenes like murder scenes.

26. My real difficulty was to become a normal person again, after having been a movie actress for so long. For me, at the time I was living in New York and Hollywood, a normal person was someone who made movies.

27. I get up at seven for the make-up, Rita Hayworth at six, Joan Crawford and Bette Davis at five. I don’t want to know the time when I’ll have to come to the studio even earlier.

28. When Ava Gardner get in a taxi, the driver knows at once she’s Ava Gardner. It’s the same for Lana Turner or Elizabeth Taylor, but not for me. I’m never Grace Kelly, I’m always someone who looks like Grace Kelly.


29. If there is one thing that is foreign to me it is shopping for pleasure. On the other hand, I believe that it is right to honor all those who create beautiful things and give satisfaction to those who see me wearing them.






30. "Mogambo"(1953) had three things that interested me, John Ford, Clark Gable, and a trip to Africa with expenses paid. If "Mogambo" had been made in Arizona, I wouldn't have done it.


31. I'll tell you one of the reasons I'm ready to leave. When I first came to Hollywood five years ago, my makeup call was at eight in the morning. On this movie it's been put back to seven-thirty. Every day I see Joan Crawford, who's been in makeup since five, and Loretta Young, who's been there since four in the morning. I'll be god-damned if I'm going to stay in a business where I have to get up earlier and earlier and it takes longer and longer for me to get in front of a camera.

32. Hollywood amuses me. Holier-than-thou for the public and unholier-than-the-devil in reality.


33. The idea of my life as a fairy tale is itself a fairy tale.

34. A person has to keep something to herself or your life is just a layout in a magazine.

35. I never say "never," and I never say "always."


What do you think of Grace Kelly quotes?

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts