Princess Diana Quotes

1. Carry out a random act of kindness, with no expectation of reward, safe in the knowledge that one day someone might do the same for you.







2. Family is the most important thing in the world.




3. I don't want expensive gifts; I don't want to be bought. I have everything I want. I just want someone to be there for me, to make me feel safe and secure.

4. Only do what your heart tells you.


5. There were three of us in this marriage, so it was a bit crowded.



6. I like to be a free spirit. Some don't like that, but that's the way I am.




7. I don't go by the rule book... I lead from the heart, not the head.

8. I think the biggest disease the world suffers from in this day and age is the disease of people feeling unloved. I know that I can give love for a minute, for half an hour, for a day, for a month, but I can give. I am very happy to do that, I want to do that.

9. Everyone of us needs to show how much we care for each other and, in the process, care for ourselves.


10. They say it is better to be poor and happy than rich and miserable, but how about a compromise like moderately rich and just moody?


11. Being a princess isn't all it's cracked up to be.



12. When you are happy you can forgive a great deal.

13. Life is just a journey.

14. If you find someone you love in your life, then hang on to that love.

15. Any sane person would have left long ago. But I cannot. I have my sons.

16. I wear my heart on my sleeve.


17. Anywhere I see suffering, that is where I want to be, doing what I can.

18. I live for my sons. I would be lost without them.

19. If men had to have babies, they would only ever have one each.

20. Hugs can do great amounts of good - especially for children.

21. The greatest problem in the world today is intolerance. Everyone is so intolerant of each other.

22. I'm aware that people I have loved and have died and are in the spirit world looking after me.

23. I will fight for my children on any level so they can reach their potential as human beings and in their public duties.


24. Nothing brings me more happiness than trying to help the most vulnerable people in society. It is a goal and an essential part of my life - a kind of destiny. Whoever is in distress can call on me. I will come running wherever they are.

25. I'd like to be a queen in people's hearts but I don't see myself being queen of this country.

26. I'm as thick as a plank.

27. So many people supported me through my public life and I will never forget them.

28. The kindness and affection from the public have carried me through some of the most difficult periods, and always your love and affection have eased the journey.


29. What must it be like for a little boy to read that daddy never loved mummy?

30. HIV does not make people dangerous to know, so you can shake their hands and give them a hug: Heaven knows they need it.

31. I don't even know how to use a parking meter, let alone a phone box.

32. People think that at the end of the day a man is the only answer. Actually, a fulfilling job is better for me.


33. You can't comfort the afflicted with afflicting the comfortable.

34. I want to walk into a room, be it a hospital for the dying or a hospital for the sick children, and feel that I am needed. I want to do, not just to be.

35. I think like any marriage, especially when you've had divorced parents like myself; you want to try even harder to make it work.

36. I want my boys to have an understanding of people's emotions, their insecurities, people's distress, and their hopes and dreams.

37. It's vital that the monarchy keeps in touch with the people. It's what I try and do.

38. I knew what my job was; it was to go out and meet the people and love them.


39. I went to the school and put it to William, particularly, that if you find someone you love in life, you must hang onto it, and look after it, and if you were lucky enough to find someone who loved you, then you must protect it.


40. Helping people in need is a good and essential part of my life, a kind of destiny.

41. Call me Diana, not Princess Diana.

42. It is a weakness that I lead from my heart, and not my head?

43. Don't call me an icon. I'm just a mother trying to help.

44. Everyone needs to be valued. Everyone has the potential to give something back. 


45. I love to hold people's hands when I visit hospitals, even though they are shocked because they haven't experienced anything like it before, but to me it is a normal thing to do.

46. Nothing gives me more happiness than to try to aid the most vulnerable of this society. Whoever is in distress who calls me, I will come running.

47. My first thoughts are that I should not let people down, that I should support them and love them.


48. I am not a political figure, nor do I want to be one; but I come with my heart.

49. This boy is dead now, I knew it before taking him in my arms, I can remember his face, his suffering, his voice.


50. I felt compelled to perform - to do my engagements and not let people down. And they supported me, although they weren’t aware how much it carried me through.


51. If I am to care for people in hospital I really must know every aspect of their treatment and to understand their suffering.

52. No one sat me down with a piece of paper and said: "This is what is expected of you. But… I’m lucky enough in the fact that I have found my role… I love being with people.""

53. They are stealing the princess' image. They're stealing from the very people she wanted to help. I think that is unacceptable.

54. I had a very bad time with the press - they literally haunted and hunted me.


55. I haven't felt well since day one. I don't think I'm made for the production line.

56. I touch people. I think everyone needs that. Placing a hand on a friend's face means making contact.

57. She won't go quietly, that's the problem. I'll fight to the end.

58. The press is ferocious. It forgives nothing, it only hunts for mistakes…In my position anyone sane would have left a long time ago.


59. The public... they wanted a fairy princess to come and touch them, and everything will turn into gold and all their worries would be forgotten. Little did they realise that the individual was crucifying herself inside because she didn't think she was good enough.

60. When I see them around all the time it is like being raped. (About the paparazzi)


How do you find Princess Diana's quotes?

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts