Roger Moore Abused By His Ex Wives

Roger Moore may have portrayed the most famous spy and a ladies man in the James Bond films, but in real life it appears that he is less in control.



Moore, 84, has revealed that his first two wives used to beat him.

Moore made the shocking revelations during an interview with Piers Morgan and his ITV1 programme: Life Stories.


Opening up about his turbulent relationship with his first wife, Doorn van Steyn, Moore claimed: "(Doorn) would scratch me. She threw a pot of tea at me. I’d been sunbathing in the garden, I came up and I’d taken off my pants and I gave her some smart Alec answer and this teapot came hurtling at me."

"I said: "Right, that’s it, I’m leaving." She storms off out of the room and I hear the bath running. I thought:"What a cow, I’m leaving her and she’s having a bath. So I smashed the bathroom door open and she had all my clothes in the bath and said: "Now leave me." I waited for them to dry. The marriage was doomed."


Moore left Steyn for his second wife, singer Dorothy Squires, but it looks like they also had a bit of a fiery relationship.








"There was a confrontation," Moore told Morgan. "I remember, to avoid confrontation, I used to strum the guitar and one day I was sitting on the edge of the table strumming and she was ranting on about something and I wasn’t taking any notice. Next thing I know, it was like slow motion, I could feel the guitar coming out of my hands and I could see it up above my head and… bash, it came down. She ruined the guitar. She had a great temper."


While filming in Italy in 1961, Moore made the decision to leave Squires and started an affair with Italian actress, Luisa Mattioli.





Moore lived with Mattioli until their marriage in 1969 after Squires finally granted Moore a divorce.

It has to be noted that Moore didn't shed light on any nasty arguments during their marriage, but he spoke happily about his fourth marriage to socialite Kristina Tholstrup, who he is still with.


"It’s a tranquil relationship, there are no arguments," Moore quoted as saying.






This is an unbeleivable story. It seems that his ex wives were very jealous of him and they didn't know how to deal with their stress. Of course then Moore was considered a catch due to the "James Bond" success. On the other hand, Moore is a true gentleman. How these ladies treated him like that? Well, as they say there are two sides to every story...

The question is: "Do you think that Moore treated these ladies with respect or he was a bit of a womanizer?"

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts