1. My mother said it was simple to keep a man, you must be a maid in the living room, a cook in the kitchen and a whore in the bedroom. I said I'd hire the other two and take care of the bedroom bit.-->
2. Mick Jagger and I just really liked each other a lot. We talked all night. We had the same views on nuclear disarmament.
3. The more flesh you show, the higher up the ladder you go.
4. Mick was against it at first but he's ok now. She made $60 000 in one week - what can you say? (On daughter Elizabeth's modeling success)
5. Mick's a wonderful person. He has * fantastic qualities. He's a great father, he's very funny and we laugh together. We really like each other. He was just not a good husband.
6. I think if I weren't so beautiful, maybe, I'd have more character.
7. When I first met Mick he wore jeans and those Seventies ribbed, tight T-shirts, and I absolutely loved that look. Nobody looks better in jeans than Mick because he's got this amazing body with a very slim, long waist and a bit V-shaped chest and I thought that was just the cutest. That's when I fell in love with him. Then in the Eighties he started wearing trousers and badly cut tweed suits, big shirts in orange and brown. Ugh! Clothes that he wore for about 20 years. But now he's started wearing jeans again and he looks great - I saw him the other day and I thought: "thank God".
8. I never eat between meals and I don't eat junk food. I mostly stick to fish, vegetables and chicken. But I do love chocolate, coffee, red wine and cigarettes...
9. It is with great sadness that I have to leave the cast of "High Society" as I am suffering from Epstein Barr Virus (Glandular Fever) which I first fell ill with last year.
10. My doctor has said that I must have a period of complete rest, but that I may be able to return to the production in the future and I am determined to return before the end of the run.
11. A healthy love life is not and should not be the preserve of those in their 20s and 30s. It's important at all ages.
12. Mick asked where that left him... James replied: "Dad, you wear makeup, you wear funny costumes and you wiggle your bum on stage in front of thousands of people. What do you think it makes you?"
13. I will be studying Andy Warhol and I think we will also be learning about the Rolling Stones, which is something I think I've got a good head start at.
14. It's something I've always wanted to do, it's just for me.
15. We make love on it, our children scratch their names beneath... Then you bring other women while I am out of town. And I can always sense when a stranger has sat down.
16. This is many layers of infused glass and color. The paintings are huge. It's extraordinary.
17. We all know pain doesn't exist without some coexisting depression.
18. Well, I think mostly we're dressing for men.
19. I love good rock'n'roll, blues and jazz, gospel, and a little reggae.
20. Well, I was fourteen in Texas. But I looked twenty-five.
21. We used to go to Studio 54 - an amazing place.
22. Then, in 2000, John Reid, Elton John's former manager, asked me to audition for the stage version of "The Graduate" he was producing. So I worked on it, got the part, and after three weeks' rehearsal I was on stage!
23. My favorite dancer is Sylvie Guillem.
24. Music, art, theater. I'm just a big fan of beauty.
25. I've dabbled in several different religions.
26. I've always gotten along best with artists.
27. I'm a very lazy, stay-at-home kind of girl.
28. I'm a very bad citizen. I've never even voted.
29. I'm a bit of a groupie.
30. I'd always enjoyed acting, but modeling was so time-consuming - and lucrative - that I didn't pursue it.
31. I used to hang out with Salvador Dali a lot. He was such a nice man. I really liked his wife Gala, too. People say that she was tricky, but she was never difficult with me.
32. I love mysticism - it's such fun.
33. I love doing theater so much - being in front of an audience and seeing how a character grows and develops with every performance.
34. I have very old-fashioned tastes.
35. I have done a lot of theater.
36. I have absolutely zero interest in politics.
37. I am very friendly with lots of people in rock'n'roll, because I spent so much time with them over the years through Mick's work.
38. My mother and my sisters - five girls - were crazy about glamour and Hollywood movies. I styled myself on Veronica Lake and Marlene Dietrich.
39. Yves Saint Laurent was my first fashion show. I wore his tuxedo. And Helmut Newton was my first photographer, in 1973. I was really very lucky. I had an amazing career.
40. A boy gave me a quarter of a tab. I didn't know what it was!I actually had never taken drugs and was very nervous. And I never did take drugs (afterward) ever, ever. But I locked myself in the bathroom and spent the whole night staring in the mirror, going: "Oh, my God". (about taking LSD at a high school party)
41. I had promised my mama I wouldn't pose nude.
42. Andy Warhol was the most sensible person I've ever met. He never took drugs, didn't drink. He liked sort of watching. Dalí too. Watchers. And I don't like to be in the middle of a crowd, so I like to watch too.
43. Mick was a dangerous sexual predator, and although I loved him and he swore undying love for me, I felt very unsure of him. I had weaned him off drugs, but they had been replaced by sex. ... By the time we had children, I would read about Mick's dalliances in the newspapers. (about Mick Jagger)
What do you think of Jerry Hall's quotes?
Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!