Mary Pickford Quotes

1. The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.


2. You may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for this thing that we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the staying down.



3. Adding sound to movies would be like putting lipstick on the Venus de Milo.

4. I was forced to live far beyond my years when just a child, now I have reversed the order and I intend to remain young indefinitely.

5. Make them laugh, make them cry, and hack to laughter. What do people go to the theatre for? An emotional exercise. I am a servant of the people. I have never forgotten that.


6. It would have been more logical if silent pictures had grown out of the talkies instead of the other way around.





7. One of the great penalties those of us who live our lives in full view of the public must pay is the loss of that most cherished birthright of man's, privacy.

8. I think Oscar Wilde wrote a poem about a robin who loved a white rose. He loved it so much that he pierced his breast and let his heart's blood turn the white rose red. Maybe this sounds very sentimental, but for anybody who has loved a career as much as I've loved mine, there can be no short cuts.

9. The little girl made me. I wasn't waiting for the little girl to kill me.

10. We were pioneers in a brand-new medium. Everything's fun when you're young.


11. I'm sick of Cinderella parts, of wearing rags and tatters. I want to wear smart clothes and play the lover.






12. We maniacs had fun and made good pictures and a lot of money. In the early years United Artists was a private golf club for the four of us.

13. I never liked one of my pictures in its entirety.

14. I'm not exactly satisfied, but I'm grateful. (at her retirement)

15. A little boy who never grew up. (on Douglas Fairbanks)


16. That obstinate, suspicious, egocentric, maddening and lovable genius of a problem child. (on Charles Chaplin)




17. In his private life Douglas always faced a situation in the only way he knew, by running away from it. (on Douglas Fairbanks)

18. I played scrubwomen and secretaries and women of all nationalities... I decided that if I could get into as many pictures as possible, I'd become known, and there would be a demand for my work.


What do you think of Mary Pickford quotes?

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts