Janelle Monae Quotes

1. I feel like Harriet Tubman, except I am trying to free people through underground music, to free themselves creatively and inspirationally.








2. I really just want to encourage and inspire people to use their freedom in a positive way and in a way that is inspiring to other people. I want to continue to pass down the seeds of change within the world. I think that it can start with just one person. Just like a rumor can get carried on, so can inspiration.

3. I just want to be that person that is always constantly aware of my many gifts and talents. I just want to be able to use them to the best of my ability and to never hold back.


4. It's up to me to help change the world, I cannot look at everybody else, I can only do what I can do.

5. I wear makeup and all of these other things, but I don't get caught up in it. I know what Janelle Monae Robinson looks like everyday, and I am comfortable with that.




6. When I am dead and gone, I want people to know that I tried to change the world through my heart.

7. I would also like to open a non-profit organization for young girls who come from dis-advantaged environments; and focus on their self esteem. I really want to be able to counsel them and want them to feel safe, and to feel like they can talk to me and my staff. To perfect their interests and crafts.

8. Well, I know that I am a fighter and I will fight for something that I am very passionate about. My inner spirit, even when I am down, never gives up.

9. I have lived and been through a lot and I challenge myself all the time to change for the better.

10. I try to find peace when I wake up in the morning. Sometimes I don't go to bed until 4:00 in the morning because I am either recording or I am just up talking about ideas. So when I get up I just try to find my peace and ask God to give me peace for the day.

11. I have lost family members from getting gunned down through violence and drugs, and all of that different type of stuff. You never know when someone is going to call you and say something has happened to one of your loved ones. I just ask God to give me peace and strength for whatever comes into my life that day, and to be of some inspiration to someone new.

12. When you are trying to change the world, you don't have time to look in the mirror everyday to feel as if something is wrong with you.

13. I can't pretend, I am not a pretender.







14. People always want to categorize you and say oh, you are in this category, but there is nothing that I limit myself to doing. Categorizing myself will only limit my growth.

15. My mom is a great artist and she inspired me when I was young to sketch and draw, but I never took it seriously. Now I find that when I have writers block, I find myself sketching these different things that represent the song.

16. I am going to take art more seriously. I most definitely want to leave behind art, and that does not just mean music.

17. I want to leave behind paintings and sculptures that can inspire someone.




18. The lesbian community has tried to claim me. But I only date androids. Nothing like an android, they don't cheat on you.

19. I call it my uniform. My mother was a janitor and my father collected trash, so I wear a uniform, too.

20. I feel like I have a responsibility to my community and other young girls to help redefine what it looks like to be a woman. I don't believe in mens wear or womens wear, I just like what I like. And I think we should just be respected for being an individual. I've been in Vogue, now, and different publications, which is cool, because I think that it just shows a different perspective of how women can dress.

21. I’ve always been obsessed with the inhuman. I’m just very intrigued by it.


What do you think of Janelle Monae quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts