Macy Gray Quotes

1. Becoming famous and selling a lot of records doesn't change a thing.

2. Being God would be the ultimate.

3. I have a bronze statue of myself, naked. I have these really big curls and water comes out of every curl. It's hot.

4. I write in the studio.

5. I'd like to be Queen Elizabeth.

6. The main part of the house is a deep red and I have butterscotch carpet. And I have a bathroom with leopard skin floor, wallpaper and toilet.


7. You don't have to be a rock star - if you don't like the situation you're in, you don't have to settle for it.

8. I've never met anyone that is their image.

9. Whatever your image is, it's probably not you, but it affords you the freedom to live up to it.

10. Am I a fruitcake? I don't know. Perception is reality. What you see me as in your world is what I am; it doesn't matter what I am.


11. Before I was famous, I had this big crush on Puffy, when he was with Jennifer Lopez.

12. Elton John is this legend, but he's actually a really gracious man. He's really nice and down to earth.

13. I discovered Led Zeppelin and Janis Joplin. I'm very open to music. One of my favourite bands ever is Nirvana.

14. I do steal on occasion. I stole a painting from the last hotel I was in. But I'll probably be charged for it.


15. I get a lot of ideas when I'm writing with my band, when we're jamming.


16. I get misinterpreted and misunderstood a lot.

17. I hate it because you go to a party to be seen, to be cool, not to party. In LA, everything is about where you go. Everybody has little cliques.

18. I have a production company and we've been developing a few stories. I have a lot of really great ideas, but I don't know if I'm going to end up writing them.


19. I have three babies. They're the best thing. And I get to see the world. I make a lot more money than I used to and I get to make records.



20. I know what my real problems are.

21. I read so many things about me that are off. People think I'm out of it a lot-like I'm on another planet or I space out a lot-but I really don't.

22. I still feel like I don't fit in.


23. I was in 7th grade and I went to a pool party. I had on this bikini and it kept slipping up my butt. That was embarrassing.



24. I was in jail. It teaches you a good lesson when you're locked up. They literally take your freedom away. There's nothing sexy about that. I learnt my lesson. I would never, ever go back.

25. I was ready for death. My marriage had ended and my career hadn't worked out, and I was feeling kinda beaten.


26. I wouldn't call myself a Valley girl, but I have a really great house.





27. I'm mixing my third album, The Trouble With Being Myself. It's a spoof on Reality TV shows, the government, corporate fat cats.

28. I've read some things about me that have hurt my feelings.


29. If I were God for a day, no one would be sick, hungry. Everybody would have lots of money, be in love, and all the girls could weigh exactly how much they wanted. And girls wouldn't have periods.
http://chatterbusy.blogspot.gr/2012/10/how-many-children-does-ann-romney-have.html
30. It's about being yourself in the public eye. That can really be misunderstood sometimes. I'm not always accepted by the masses.

31. It's like any other job: there's a method to it and it's really important to get that down. I'm still working on it, I got a lot to learn.


32. It's rough and tumble like any family with children. You've gotta get your priorities straight. It can get a little bananas.



33. LA is sexy and easy. it's easy to move around and get to know people out here. Everybody knows where to go and who to go with. The weather is real symbolic of LA.

34. My favorite rock star is Diana Ross. She kind of invented the whole diva rock star thing.

35. My kids have been on tour with me a couple of times. Unless they're in school they come on tour with me.


36. My kids know every word to every song. It's amazing. They seem to get what I'm talking about in my music.



37. My life is different than when I first started out, when I made my first album. I had different things to say. I learned a lot about music.

38. My oldest little girl actually wants to be a singer.

39. People tell kids a lot of things because they don't think they're really listening or they don't think they really know anything. When you're a kid you get a lot of information.

40. Saturdays at 5:00 P.M, I get the whole roller rink to myself.


41. Say you order roasted chicken and they serve it fried. That's not cool. You have to get it roasted like you want, or you leave. Satisfaction is crucial.



42. Slam magazine is what got my little boy reading, and Kobe Bryant was on the cover, so I love him. I really hope the media doesn't ruin it for him.

43. To be able to make music for a living, it's a lot of fun. I'm having a ball.

44. When I was a kid, a man told me he killed someone. I asked him how it was and he said it was liberating.


45. You could either go the traditional way or the other way. I went the other way.


46. You put your family first, but when you have kids you have to have a livelihood. It's a lot of juggling.

47. I'm really flattered by all of you who voted for me.

48. All kids are goofy. But I was extra goofy. Really tall, big feet, big ears. And I had a funny voice. When you're growing up, it's all about fitting in. I just wanted to have friends, so I didn't talk much.


49. The more I did it, the more I evolved on my own time. I'm at the point now where I get up on stage and tell myself that even if the audience doesn't have fun, I'll have fun. I just get up and party.

50. When you're an artist and open yourself up to a bunch of different stuff...then when you go into the studio you come out with all kinds of crazy stuff. I just go in and let it roll.

51. It's definitely a lot of work...but I'm in love with my kids and I love what I do so it's all good. I wouldn't change anything. My kids love seeing me on stage. My little girl dances to the tracks.


52. I definitely wanted to have a good time listening to this album. If you listen to Bob Marley records, you just sit back and party to them. I wanted this record to be like (that): You chill out, no matter what.




53. Japan was great. I saw the new Prada store-it's the largest Prada store in the whole world.


54. The best movies are all about violent crime: The Godfather, Bonnie and Clyde, Menace to Society - they're all street stories that have violence, and mostly the main characters are thieves. Those are my heroes.






55. I love all of Martin Scorsese's movies. Good Will Hunting was great, as far as the writing. And, of course, Training Day. That was the best-written movie.



What do you think of Macy Gray's quotes?
 

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts