Marianne Faithfull Quotes

1. Rebellion is the only thing that keeps you alive!




2. I never trusted anybody at all. I don't know why it was so hard, I just didn't.

3. I think drugs were used by me as a way of suppressing my natural spirit.


4. I think I'm really powerful. They'll smash me, probably.


5. I took drugs because we all took drugs.



6. Maybe the most that you can expect from a relationship that goes bad is to come out of it with a few good songs.

7. The really explicit phrase is doors of perception.


8. The voice of God, if you must know, is Aretha Franklin's.



9. The way I choose to show my feelings is through my songs.



10. Never apologize, never explain - didn't we always say that? Well, I haven't and I don't.

11. I didn't really love Mick when I was first with him, I was just obeying Keith.


12. Once (Mick Jagger) came straight off stage to the hotel where I was waiting and he was absolutely terrifying. He was like somebody possessed. I don't think he even knew who I was. He still had his make-up on and there was a froth of spittle around his mouth and his eyes were violent and he was making grunting sounds. He didn't say a word; just those god-awful grunts. He picked me up and slammed me against the wall. Several times. Afterwards, I don't think he even remembered it.

13. My favorite instrument in the whole world is the human female voice, and Kate Bush is one of the reasons why. It is by far a Stradivarius, which is why she rarely details with the press or isn't in a rush to record. She's one of the few who can be above all that.


What do you think of Marianne Faithfull's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts