Molly Ringwald Quotes

1. I have a very independent spirit.  





2. And to be honest, most actors are incredibly solipsistic.

3. I didn't have parents who were, you know, racing to get a reality television show, you know? Or looking to benefit in some way from their daughter's fame.

4. I do regret, as I described in my book, the time that I shaved off half of my eyebrows thinking that I could draw them in better - and they would grow back anyway.



5. I don't really believe in regret. I think you can always learn from the past, but I wouldn't want a different life.

6. I felt all the things that other teenagers felt. I was insecure in lots of ways, over-confident in others. I was very emotional. Excitable.

7. I just needed to leave Hollywood. 


8. I like to say, jazz music is kind of like my musical equivalent of comfort food. You know, it's always where I go back to when I just want to feel sort of grounded.

9. I just did in my early twenties what most did when they were teenagers, being free and exploring and making mistakes, but I did it in France. I did it privately.

10. I never felt terribly comfortable in the public eye.

11. I never really felt like I belonged in California.


12. I wish I had been more prepared, both for success and for failure, when I was younger.

13. I think when people hear about a celebrity writing a book of any kind, the assumption is that it was dictated to a ghostwriter.

14. I used to sing with my father's jazz band and then when I was ten years old a musician friend of his suggested that I try out for the first west coast production of Annie.

15. In life, there is always that special person who shapes who you are, who helps to determine the person you become.


16. I'm so associated with being young and being with a teenager.


17. John Hughes had such a huge impact on filmmaking.

18. I've been called the Women's Auxiliary of the Brat Pack.

19. Originally I considered myself a singer. 


20. Whatever it is that gives you that confidence will vary from person to person, but I do believe that it is the key to succeeding at anything in life - career, relationships, anything.

21. The cover I was really excited about was "Seventeen" magazine. To me, it was much bigger than "Time." "Seventeen" was where I wanted to be.

22. People feel like they grew up with me.

23. When I was turning 40, I felt that there were no books out there that hit the spot in terms of what I wanted to read.

24. When you say you're 40, you can't call yourself an ingenue any more.

25. You can't be 16 forever. 








26. You never know when you read a script how it's going to turn out because so much depends on the collaboration between people. If I'd been in some of the movies I turned down, maybe they wouldn't have been a success.

27. People forget the feeling of having to go to school on Monday and take a test in physics that you don't understand at all.






28. When I was a little kid I thought I would grow up to be black and sing jazz in nightclubs.

29. If you leave home for a while...you question the conventional wisdom you've grown up with. That doesn't mean you have to change your opinions or who you are, but it's good to ask the questions.

30. I think I was blessed to be given the opportunity to be in those (Brat Pack) movies. I think they're great movies and I'm proud of my work in them. But on the other hand, to talk about something I did so long ago when I have continued to work and do other things is a little tiring. I just get bored. I keep going back to those movies when I don't have anything new to say about them.

31. I have to accept the fact that these films have had a fantastic effect on people, and to deny that doesn't make any sense until I do something that has the same cultural and social impact of those movies. That's just the way it is.

What do you think of Molly Ringwald's quotes?

Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts