Sharon Osbourne Undergoes Double Mastectomy

Sharon Osbourne reveals she underwent a double mastectomy, after learning that a gene she carries put her at serious risk of breast cancer.


"For me, it wasn’t a big decision, it was a no-brainer: I didn't want to live the rest of my life with that shadow hanging over me," Osbourne told Hello! magazine.

Osbourne, 60, claimed "the odds" would not be in her favor if she didn't go through with the procedure.


"It's a decision I made that's got rid of this weight that I was carrying around," Sharon revealed to the magazine.









Sharon, who battled colon cancer more than 10 years ago, was quoted as saying: "I’ve had cancer before and I didn’t want to live under that cloud: I decided to just take everything off, and had a double mastectomy."

Sharon revealed the thought of being there for her new granddaughter Pearl influenced her decision.

"I didn’t even think of my breasts in a nostalgic way," Sharon told, "I just wanted to be able to live my life without that fear all the time."


F
eel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts