Amber Riley Quotes

1. I never wanted to play a character that hated herself. I wanted people to know that those aren't the only roles for people like me, normal girls…I'm not going to conform, and hurt myself, and do something crazy to be a size two. (Sky Showbiz)


2. I was being offered the girl who sits in the corner and eats all day. (AOL Music Blog)


3. There's so much Britney music. I grew up listening to Britney Spears. She definitely has been a part of my high school years coming up…I would love "Circus." "Circus" is a good one. (MTV)









4. I read Chris Colfer's book…He actually tried to give me the copy, like the copy he was passing around, but I really wanted to, like, invest and buy it, so I downloaded it and bought it. I've only gotten through the first chapter. Don't kill me, Chris! I'm gonna read it. It's really good. (MTV)


5. I am so excited to be a part of Cotton Club Parade! I have been wanting to burst out and tell everyone lol (laugh out loud) I'm glad it's finally out! (Hollywood.com)






6. Treat your body like you would treat a friend.

7. (on her favorite performance to date) When I did (Whitney Houston's) "I Will Always Love You," that was a lot of fun. I was so honored that they chose me for that song. It's probably my favorite song. That was a great moment for me. 


8. (on performing Whitney's song "I Will Always Love You" just days after her death) I was really, really nervous. No one can touch Whitney Houston's version, obviously, but I went in to do my best. It was my dedication to her. I was so glad I got to do it.

9. (on her influences) They were an inspiration to me growing up, for sure. Aretha Franklin, Chaka Khan, Whitney obviously, basically all the great singers.

10. (on who taught her how to drive) Oh, God. I actually went to driving school. I'm the youngest, so my parents were like: "We've been there, done that, and we're sending you to driving school." But I'm from Los Angeles, so I already knew the Los Angeles traffic pretty well.


11. I got my first car after Glee. That was my first time purchasing a car. It's actually a Lexus. I had always wanted one! That was a big moment for me, to be able to buy my dream car





12. I never had insecurities about weight, but I love that now I get to show girls how to be comfortable with their bodies.

13. You're not your dress size, you're not your shoe size, you're not your pants size. If I'm going to wear a name tag, it's going to say "Amber Riley", not "Fat Girl".


What do you think of Amber Riley's quotes?



Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts