Anne Hathaway Jewish ?

Just in case you wonder: "Is Anne Hathaway Jewish?", the truth is that Hathaway is not Jewish.  
To take things from the beginning, Hathaway's father, Gerald Thomas Hathaway, is a lawyer, and her mother, Kathleen Ann "Kate", is an actress who inspired Hathaway to follow in her footsteps. Hathaway is of mostly Irish and French ancestry, with distant Native American and German roots. 

In fact, American actress Anne Hathaway (full name: Anne Jacqueline Hathaway) was raised Catholic with what she considered "really strong values", and has claimed she wanted to be a nun during her childhood!




However, Hathaway changed her mind when she learned at the age of 15 that her brother, Michael, was gay. Anne was quoted as saying: "I realized my older brother was gay, and I couldn't support a religion that didn't support my brother. Now I call myself a nondenominational Christian, because I haven't found the religion for me." In 2009, Hathaway revealed that her religious beliefs are "a work in progress".



Conclusion: Anne Hathaway is not Jewish.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts