Christopher Plummer Quotes

1. Working with Julie Andrews is like getting hit over the head with a valentine.



2. Here is Mike Wallace, who is visible to the public, and I have been watching him since the early '50s. Smoking up a storm and insulting his guests and being absolutely wonderfully evil and charming too.

3. I couldn't believe when I first got a fan letter from Al Pacino, it was unreal.


4. I would rather not know about how one gets parts in movies these days.

5. I'm too old-fashioned to use a computer. I'm too old-fashioned to use a quill.

6. I want to paint Montreal as a rather fantastic city, which it was, because nobody knows today what it was like. And I'm one of the last survivors, or rapidly becoming one.

7. In Stratford you either turn into an alcoholic or you better write.


8. Most of my life I have played a lot of famous people but most of them were dead so you have a poetic license.





9. It is a culture voice, but it is a very American culture voice, and I am very used to English culture voice. So I had to work like hell to flatten those R's.

10. The first time my father saw me in the flesh was on the stage, which is a bit weird. We went out to dinner, and he was charming and sweet, but I did all the talking.


11. They realized I was alive again, even though I was playing an old, dying sop.






12. The part of Mike Wallace drew me to the movie because I thought, what an outrageous part to play.

13. (for his performance in "The Last Station" he received a personal Academy Award nomination for best supporting actor at the 2010 Oscars) Well, I said it's about time! I mean, I'm 80 years old for God's sake. Have mercy.


14. There's not that many old actors. They all died. I'm one of the last men standing! I think there's maybe four of us. I hope the other b….s die first.





15. (in 2008 he finished writing his memoirs for his riotous autobiography "In Spite of Myself") I wanted people to know how one develops through working with other extraordinary actors and actresses, what one learns.


16. I love my profession. It keeps me young. It's my hobby as well as my profession…It's a great profession if you're lucky at it. I've had a wonderful life, seen the world and they've paid for it!

17. I've been very fortunate…it's just been an amazing piece of luck. I haven't had to suffer for my art but I've suffered enough inside to hopefully be called an artist.


18. I'm bored with questions about acting.






19. Unless you can surround yourself with as many beautiful things as you can afford, I don't think life has very much meaning.


20. (on why he prefers playing evil characters) The devil is more interesting than God.






21. A lot of great people have seen people portray them and loathed them. But I did my best and I don't think there is anything to be offended at.

22. The drama critic for "The Montreal Gazette" gave me a good review in a high-school production of "Pride and Prejudice". It went to my head.

23. I steered clear of all those political intrigues, particularly when you're having to play a character. So I have to shut my eyes and ears to that.


What do you think of Christopher Plummer's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts