Mike Tyson Quotes

1. Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth.


2. I want to rip out his heart and feed it to Lennox Lewis. I want to kill people. I want to rip their stomachs out and eat their children.

3. I'm a dreamer. I have to dream and reach for the stars, and if I miss a star then I grab a handful of clouds.

4. God lets everything happen for a reason. It's all a learning process, and you have to go from one level to another.


5. When Jesus comes back, these crazy, greedy, capitalistic men are gonna kill him again.






6. I don't react to a tragic happening any more. I took so many bad things as a kid and some people think I don't care about anything. It's just too hard for me to get emotional. I can't cry no more.


7. As long as we persevere and endure, we can get anything we want.





8. I could feel his muscle tissues collapse under my force. It's ludicrous these mortals even attempt to enter my realm.

9. I'm in trouble because I'm normal and slightly arrogant. A lot of people don't like themselves and I happen to be totally in love with myself.


10. When I fight someone, I want to break his will. I want to take his manhood. I want to rip out his heart and show it to him.




11. I intend to fight and I want to win. But my priorities are basically to be a good Brother and a strong one, and to try to be a good father one day.

12. I don't understand why people would want to get rid of pigeons. They don't bother no one.


13. I don't try to intimidate anybody before a fight. That's nonsense. I intimidate people by hitting them.

14. You can't stay married in a situation where you are afraid to go to sleep in case your wife might cut your throat.

15. Anyone with a grain of sense would know that if I punched my wife I would rip her head off. It's all lies. I have never laid a finger on her.

16. I'm a Muslim, but I think Jesus would have a drink with me. He would be cool. He would talk to me.


17. I ain't the same person I was when I bit that guy's ear off.



18. I try to catch them right on the tip of his nose, because I try to punch the bone into the brain.



19. I'm not Mother Teresa, but I'm not Charles Manson, either.

20. Another thing that freaks me out is time. Time is like a book. You have a beginning, a middle and an end. It's just a cycle.


21. I feel like sometimes that I was not meant for this society.






22. If Jesus was here, do you think Jesus would show me any love? Do you think Jesus would love me?

23. Every time there's a revolution, it comes from somebody reading a book about revolution. David Walker wrote a book and Nat Turner did his thing.


24. I just want to be humble at all times.




25. I'm just like you. I enjoy the forbidden fruits in life, too.

26. Sometimes I put on a ski mask and dress in old clothes, go out on the streets and beg for quarters.


27. I just want to do what I do best, and that's fight. I love it.





28. I'm a historian, and that freaks me out.

29. When I was in prison, I was wrapped up in all those deep books. That Tolstoy crap - people shouldn't read that stuff.


30. It's good to know how to read, but it's dangerous to know how to read and not how to interpret what you're reading.




31. Real freedom is having nothing. I was freer when I didn't have a cent.


32. I'm not much for talking. You know what I do. I put guys in body bags when I'm right.





33. People are going to say what they say. I know sometimes I say things; I offend people.

34. You come home, and you party. But after that, you get a hangover. Everything about that is negative.


35. I can inspire people on how to use money, how to get economically powerful.

36. I feel bad about my outlook, how I feel about people and society, and that I'll never be part of society the way I should.

37. I think the average person thinks I'm a nut and I deserve whatever happens to me.


38. My biggest weakness is my sensitivity. I am too sensitive a person.


39. Some people try to get you out of slavery for you to be their slave.



40. I have the same malice in my heart as far as the fight game is concerned, but outside the ring, I won't say anything a dignified man won't say.

41. I just look around and say, I'm a mess. I don't know why I do things.


42. I know how hard it is to be a woman, especially a black woman.


43. I love to hit people. I love to.

44. I know I'm going to blow one day. My life is doomed the way it is. I have no future.

45. I'm a nut case, but that is what I believe.

46. I've lived places these guys can't defecate in.


47. I'm just happy I'm not a phony.


48. That equals to being a fool, having fame and no fortune. A lot of guys out there have fame doing this and doing that, but they are broke.



49. That's what people respect, the fact that I wasn't a chump that laid on his back and gave up.

50. The only thing I do is just pray for inspiration, for a way of thinking, because I don't have any particular goal in sight.


51. I just want to conquer people and their souls.


52. I think I'll take a bath in his blood.



53. I did my time for the rape. I paid my money to Las Vegas. I paid my dues.

54. I know why they don't like me because they want the money I have.

55. I was hoping he would get up so I could hit him again and keep him down.


56. I'll go back and take what the people owe me.

57. Mr. Arthur Ashe, he was good. I read some of his books. He knew about everything, but he was real quiet and didn't talk much. I never met him.

58. I'm going to gut you like a fish.


59. One day some guy is going to get a billion-dollar fight.



60. Our money is bait money, and bait money is not to be used.



61. When you see me smash somebody's skull, you enjoy it.

62. Quayle said the worst thing that happened to him was that he never trusted his own judgment. I said from now on I am going to go with my own judgment.


63. I'm just a dark guy from a den of iniquity. A dark shadowy figure from the bowels of iniquity. I wish I could be Mike who gets an endorsement deal. But you can't make a lie and a truth go together. This country wasn't built on moral fiber. This country was built on rape, slavery, murder, degradation and affiliation with crime.

64. I'm too stigmatized in this country, I want to do something that will have a tangible effect on people. I live in a world where I'm not too media-friendly, I would never be successful in this country.


65. Being a champion opens lots of doors - I'd like to get a real estate license, maybe sell insurance.




66. Am I a born boxer? No - if I was, I'd be perfect.

67. (to a reporter in 2002) It's interesting that you put me in the league with those illustrious fighters (Muhammad Ali, Joe Louis, Jack Johnson), but I've proved since my career I've surpassed them as far my popularity. I'm the biggest fighter in the history of the sport. If you don't believe it, check the cash register.


68. I still can't believe (Muhammad Ali) knows my name. It astounds me he knows who I am. I first met Ali in 1976. I was locked up in a juvenile home and he came to visit. I've never forgotten it.


69. (on boxing) "It's a lonely sport," Mike Tyson, who is surrounded by people who love him, says.


70. Everybody in boxing probably makes out well except for the fighter.


71. Boxing is the hurt business.

72. Every shot was thrown with bad intentions.

73. I could have knocked him out in the third round but I wanted to do it slowly, so he would remember this night for a long time.


74. I just have this thing inside me that wants to eat and conquer. Maybe it's egotistical, but I have it in me. I don't want to be a tycoon.



75. It's nothing personal, but I'm going to kill this guy.

76. I just don't have the guts for it anymore. I don't want to disgrace the sport. This is a great sport. It can take men from humble beginnings and have them rub shoulders with royalty.


77. My career has been over since 1990.


78. Then I came out of jail and beat guys because they were basically scared.

79. I don't have the desire to hurt anyone anymore. I see a fly, but I don't have the nerve to get up and kill it.


80. I don't have the stomach for this anymore. I don't have anything to fight for anymore.


81. I just don't have the desire no more, I don't have the stomach to do it no more. I don't even kill insects in my house. I just don't kill anything no more. I used to kill pigeons, rip their heads off, "You dirty rat pigeon!" I don't even have the heart to kill an animal no more. I just changed my whole life in general. That probably could have changed the way I fight.


82. This is a weird feeling in my life I have to deal with, not being a violent man anymore when my whole life's reputation was built on being extremely violent. I just don't know how to deal with that right now. I don't even go to strip clubs no more. I don't know who I am sometimes, but I am not the guy I used to be. I'm not an angel or anything. I'm still lascivious, periodically. I'm just looking for some balance in my life.


83. I don't know that person anymore, that guy in '86, '87. I don't know that guy no more. I don't have no affinity for that guy no more. I have no affinity for the guy who said: "I am the greatest fighter God produced." I have no affinity for the guy who said he would try to push his (opponent's) nose bone up into his brain. I just don't know that guy. I don't know who he is. I don't know where he came from. I don't have no kind of connection with him no more.

84. (after his final fight) I felt like I was 120 years old. I feel like Rip Van Winkle right now.







85. I'm addicted to perfection. Problem with my life is I was always also addicted to chaos. Perfect chaos.

86. I think I'm a pig. I have this uncanny ability to look at myself in the mirror and say: "This is a pig. You are a f***ing piece of s**t".


87. I can talk about humility, but I'm not humble. I mean, if you say: "I'm humble," you've just contradicted yourself. But I'm trying to be, man, I'm trying so hard.


88. One morning I woke up and found my favorite pigeon, Julius, had died I was devastated and was gonna use his crate as my stickball bat to honor him. I left the crate on my stoop and went in to get something and I returned to see the sanitation man put the crate into the crusher. I rushed him and caught him flush on the temple with a titanic right hand he was out cold, convulsing on the floor like an infantile retard.

89. There's no one perfect… Jimmy Swaggart is a lascivious creature, Mike Tyson is lascivious - but we're not criminally, at least I'm not, criminally lascivious. You know what I mean. I may like to fornicate more than other people - it's just who I am. I sacrifice so much of my life, can I at least get laid? I mean, I been robbed of my most of my money, can I at least get a blow job without the people wanting to harass me and wanting to throw me in jail?


90. Don't be surprised if I behave like a savage. I am a savage.

91. One minute I'm robbing a dope house. Next minute I'm the youngest heavyweight champion of the world. I'm only 20, 19, with a lot of money. Who am I? What am I? I don't even know who I am. I'm just a dumb child who's being abused and robbed by lawyers. I'm just a dumb pugnacious fool. I'm just a fool who thinks he's someone. Then you tell me I should be responsible.


92. I'm a good friend, but I'm a hell of an enemy. As your enemy, I want your demise. When I feel that in my heart it burns till I die.







93. My whole life has been a waste - I've been a failure.

94. One of my friends once saw another guy's (criminal) record and said: "Look, this guy is a born troublemaker, just a loser." I had to tell him: "No, that's my record - and it doesn't include my juvenile history".


95. They would give Jeffrey Dahmer a second chance before they gave me another one.

96. I probably have a 20,000-word vocabulary. I'll match my wits with anyone on literature, science and the arts.

97. My intentions were not to fascinate the world with my personality.

98. (in a 2004 interview with "This Is London", Tyson announces that since declaring bankruptcy he has been sleeping in homeless shelters and living off handouts) I've got nowhere to live. I've been crashing with friends, literally sleeping in shelters. Unsavoury characters are giving me money and I'm taking it. I need it. The drug dealers, they sympathize with me. They see me as some sort of pathetic character.


99. When I had money I was an animal. I was so belligerent. I lost all across the board.

100. I'll never be happy. I believe I'll die alone. I would want it that way. I've been a loner all my life with my secrets and my pain. I'm really lost, but I'm trying to find myself. I'm really a sad, pathetic case. My whole life has been a waste. I've been a failure. I just want to escape.

101. I lost my soul as a human being. I lost my self-respect. I'm not a lovable guy, so it's really not hard for people to dislike me.


102. I've been a prima-donna. I was taken care of since I was 13. That's why I am the way I am today. I was spoiled, like a brat. I had anything I wanted. That's crazy to be that way all your life. Everybody's taking care of you, but manipulating you at the same time. Very few people have a life like that. Most people have to work like slaves their whole lives. I've never had a job in my life. What I know how to do is hurt big, tough men - in the street and off.

103. People say "Poor guy." That insults me. I despise sympathy. So I screwed up. I made some mistakes. "Poor guy," like I'm some victim. There's nothing poor about me.


104. My life's not tragic at all. How many guys do you know who are bankrupt and just bought a $3 million house and are getting ready to get $6 million more?



105. I got a imam, I got a rabbi, I got a priest, I got a reverend - I got 'em all. But I don't want to be holier-than-thou. I want to help everybody and still get some (sex).

106. People are trying to force me to redeem (myself) - certain women, certain mentors. Nobody's going to change me. I'm going to fight that. You can't change me; you can't tame me. When you say that, I'm going to bite you even harder. I'm more ferocious, more complicated. I'm not going to let anybody win a popularity contest off my conduct. You have to understand. It is a pervasive (belief) that I'm an animal - undomesticated as well. But regardless of the bizarre (stuff) I've done, I'm a very rational individual. But everybody still thinks I'm crazy and stupid because that's what they want to believe.

107. I'm just trying to change my life because I'm not above killing any drug dealer for money.


108. I'm not too interested in these swan songs I'm continuing to hear. I'm just Mike. I'm a peasant. I'm here to entertain the people. I'm no elite person. At one stage in my life, I had my little jewelry and all my little girlfriends and my big cars and things. At one point, I thought life was about acquiring things. But as a I get older life is totally about losing everything. As life goes on, we lose more than we acquire. I don't want the finest girl in the world anymore. I'm just trying to stay balanced, basically.

109. I don't do anything. My life sucks.


110. I didn't know how to be any other way. I felt like one of those barbarian kings just coming to conquer the Roman Empire.

111. Y'all guys can't define me or define my work as a father, I'm many things I'm many things you know, yeah I'm a convicted rapist, I'm a hell raiser, I'm a father, I'm a loving father, I'm, you know, a semi- good husband, you know what I mean? What? You know I'm just a man out here trying to enjoy my, you know I was born poor I ain't never had nothing I don't know how to act but the real thing is i'm just here to be me. I don't care about who anyone things at this stage in my life but yeah, I'm pretty much a tyrant titan. Yeahs thats who I am.

112. I'm not eloquent or distinguished. You guys won't allow me to ever be that, so just bring it on.


113. What I want in a woman is protection. Loyalty. Companionship. Loyalty, friendship, companionship, ferociousness. I want her to protect me, and have my back to the bitter end. If I have a fight, I want her to jump in. Even if I'm winning; even if she's ninety pounds. I like strong women - not necessarily a masculine woman - but I like strong women. I like strong, say a woman who runs a C.E.O. corporation. I like a strong woman with confidence - massive confidence - and then I want to dominate her sexually.


What do you think of Mike Tyson's quotes?




Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts