Penelope Cruz Quotes

1. I have stepped off the relationship scene to come to terms with myself. I have spent most of my adult life being "someone's girlfriend", and now I am happy being single.



2. The most important lesson I've learned in this business is how to say no. I have said no to a lot of temptations, and I am glad I did.

3. I am amazed about how everyone wants to know about my love life. They whisper to me: "Tell me the truth? Is it true?" Who cares? Because we have this job, we are to say to everybody what we do, or with whom we sleep? It's a bit absurd, but that's why everybody lies so much.


4. I came to Los Angeles for the first time in 1994. I spoke no English. I only knew how to say two sentences: "How are you?" and "I want to work with Johnny Depp."


5. I am living for every day and trying to have less fear, less worry. But I have always worried about everything; it's in my nature. It's the thing that makes me suffer the most.

6. I came to New York to study ballet and English.


7. I don't know if I believe in marriage. I believe in family, love and children.

8. I have a little bit of an addiction to work. So I'm always hiding in the bathroom with my Blackberry to work when I'm on holiday.

9. I have a strong personality, and I say what I think.


10. I like roles that people don't recognize me in.


11. I love New York, but being there the whole year, it gets a little crazy with the speed and rhythm of things.

12. I really like the Caribbean. Anyplace in the Caribbean. I get there, and I feel like a monkey - the perfect state.

13. I remember when I got my first opportunity to work in America, I didn't speak a lot of English, so I only really knew my lines for the movie I was doing.


14. I want to have babies one day but not right now. When I do it I want to do it really well. I want it to be my best project in life.




15. I want to be remembered as somebody that tried to respect her integrity as an artist and as a person. And I don't want to be in any box. I don't want to be one thing.

16. I'm strong and opinionated. Those qualities brought me a lot of problems since I was a little girl in school, saying "I don't agree" and fighting with the children. It's part of my curiosity for life.


17. Johnny Depp is so special that he is like a Martian. In fact, that's what I call him, Martian.

18. In Spain, actresses work until they are old. That's my plan.

19. My ambition is to be happy. 


20. One thing that I am proud of: I am really capable of laughing at myself.

21. Maybe I'll make one movie a year, maybe two, but it's not going to be more than that because I have other priorities now.

22. When I start a movie, the first day, I feel like a duck.

23. There's so much more I want to do. I refuse to get to 50 and wait at home for the phone to ring.


24. The most difficult thing in the world is to start a career known only for your looks, and then to try to become a serious actress. No one will take you seriously once you are known as the pretty woman.




25. You cannot live your life looking at yourself from someone else's point of view.

26. I love Salma Hayek, we've been friends for a really long time. I admire how she has come such a long way and always remained grounded and who she is. She never compromises to follow her vision and she is loyal. Such qualities only mark the great stars.


27. I love the Italian culture, it's a beautiful culture. I love the language, the Italian people, their music, their attitudes…I just love it! Sometimes I think I'm an Italian trapped in a Spanish woman's body.





28. I like roles that people don't recognize me in.

29. (on her role in the movie Nine) I have played an Italian woman before but for that I had to speak in Italian. This was the first time I had to play an Italian in English. So that was a big challenge for me but it's good I had a lot of months for preparation and a great dialect coach.


30. I watched Italian movies every night for hours and hours and hours. That was how I did it. I don't know what everyone else thought though.


31. I think, how do you say it, laughing is the best medicine, It can help you release whatever you're holding inside yourself. I am a clown and I love to make people laugh. That's why I'd love to do more comedies.

32. Well, yes, I'm dressing for two tours at once over these two weeks, so it's great that I have a team of people that help me.


33. For Nine, I had to rehearse a number for three months…That was the only way to do that, I had singing teachers and dancing teachers. I did dancing when I was growing up. I did classical ballet, but what I do in Nine is a VERY different type of dance. It was really like starting from zero, in a way.

34. I don't feel comfortable talking about my private life in public.





35. I've been here a few times with you, you know I'm tough. One thing I don't do, I don't lie about my personal life...It's sacred to me. It's my life. But I don't give details about it because I am allergic to that.

36. It's important not to be too confident as an actor. I don't want to get to the set and feel like I know what I'm doing and be very secure. That would really scare me.


37. But the Oscar was a beautiful thing. After I won, I realized how exhausted I was from everything building up to that moment. I was a zombie for the whole rest of the night. I still can't remember anything from the moment I was onstage giving my speech. I am still excited when I look at my Oscar. It's traveled a lot with me around the world. I even took him to the beach one day. I gave Oscar his own towel. My family was starting to get a little worried.

38. Every time I make a film, I feel like it's my first time...I always think they could fire me. I've ruined my own happiness and created problems with my friends because of this tendency. It takes discipline for me to stop worrying.

39. I have a tendency to become a mother to everyone around me. My brother and sister are always complaining that I'm too protective.


40. I know myself a little bit more (as I grow older)… but I wish I was less insecure. I've always had my insecurities and most of them have not gone away. I guess we're all vulnerable.





41. I spend so much time living by myself - mostly in hotels - and I pick up cats when I'm feeling particularly lonely.

42. One day, I looked for myself (on the Internet), and I was so scared of what I saw. I saw "Penelope Cruz Naked," and I thought: What is that?


43. You can't trust somebody who thinks you're crazy.

44. It felt like there is a dialogue between these two movies and these two women. They could be friends and have a lot of things in common, but are different versions of the same girl.

45. I had a horrible, horrible breakdown. It was just huge, like the worst period of my life, and it lasted for a couple of months.




What do you think of Penelope Cruz quotes?



Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts