Kristin Davis Quotes

1. It's nice to be with someone, but I don't think you need to be in a relationship to feel complete. That would be really sad.



2. I've been dating since I was fifteen. I'm exhausted. Where is he?


3. Dogs are very, very pleasant with people that they're connected to.





4. I may not be perfect, but I'm trying.

5. Sometimes it would be nice to just have some red wine with dinner, but it's not worth the risk. I have a
great life, a great situation. Why would I want to risk self-destructive behavior?


6. This is going to sound strange, but I really didn't think I would pass 30. I don't know why or whatever, I just didn't. That's a very weird thing to say, I'm sorry. I don't know. Maybe it's because I was drinking so much as a youth.

7. Alcoholism is a genetically predisposed disease and it does run in my family. I also think I felt like a misfit. I was in the South, everybody was blonde. I just didn't feel like I fitted in. It was sort of my way of fitting.


8. Also, it was a cultural moment that wasn't being represented in terms of women who were successful and had choices they didn't have before. They needed a show that they can watch that they felt like represented them.


9. As an actress, there's nothing worse than not knowing your cues.


10. But you know, our show is our show, and it's not for everybody.


11. At one point, they offered me this part to play a drug-dealing, gun-selling butch lady. I don't know how to describe her but she had like a crew cut and stuff. I was like: "Is this a joke?" And they said: "No, we think it would be great because everyone would be like: "Oh, look at what we've done to Charlotte." I was like: "Well I can't do that!"

12. Everyone would talk about their diets and working out and what it made me do was go to craft services where all the food for the cast and crew was and I would eat.





13. I also like men who like dogs. I couldn't date a man who doesn't like my dog.

14. I drank a lot when I was a teenager and I don't drink any more, because that's when I thought, you know, I'm gonna end up a car wreck.


15. I like green or brown eyes. Tall but not overwhelmingly so. I like men who do yoga and meditate.



16. I just loved being in the theatre with all those crazy, creative people.

17. I love animals and I love to see movies with animals that are done respectfully, you know?


18. I love theater.


19. I probably believe in God in a non-denominational way.

20. I was very poor and I was a waitress, and it's hard to be a poor waitress in New York.

21. I think I can speak for all four of us on the show here. We all consider ourselves to be feminists and we get very upset when people don't think we are. We're like: "Where did this come from?" Of course we are.


22. I would never describe Charlotte as a prude - maybe at the start, but that was in comparison to the other girls. She wasn't willing to do the stuff they were doing - and I mean, thank goodness!



23. I'm an actress who likes a strong, communicative director.


24. I'd wanted to be an actress my whole life, that was my goal, that was all I cared about.

25. I'm having a great career, though I think I'm not as good as your little scenario makes me out to be.

26. I'm just happy when people want me to work for them.


27. I'm not about to go out and buy a snake for a pet. I mean, I may have faced a few fears but I'm not insane.


28. I'm not really much of a shopper. I have to say that I'd definitely prefer good sex. What makes good sex? Oh my god. I think you need to feel free and you have to really trust the other person. And you have to have that strange, mysterious chemical connection.

29. If I'm walking very, very fast down Madison Avenue in the middle of the day, I'll say I'm stopped 10 times.


30. If I was going to do anything, I'd be a producer, only because I'd like to have a say in what gets made and what doesn't.

31. Let's just say that I don't think our show has very much in common with the book any more.


32. Never, never did I think I would be in a Disney movie.

33. Our mothers' generation fought so hard to change things and we're the first generation to benefit. And now you get girls in their twenties who say they're not feminists.

34. So it was good for me to play a likable person and it was just an amazing situation to be in.


35. Personally, I don't think we could do such a show if we didn't get along. The subtext of all this is that we're women in a show so we can't possibly get along. It's not like they write about The Sopranos like that.

36. Sometimes, when you're acting, you are so in the moment that you don't even remember what just happened.


37. The Carrie in the plot was too much like the Carrie in the book. She smoked, she swore a lot, she was very hard, very cynical. I could never have pulled it off.




38. We all get so caught up in our day-to-day lives and have so many gripes. But when you see the way others live and how they make the best of it, you'll realize how lucky you are.


39. (on her childhood in South Carolina) We were very rich culturally. One Sunday each month, we would do this thing called Chamber Pots at somebody's house. A classical music group would come over and we'd have dinner. There were thirty people - parents and kids - and we'd sit on the floor and listen to this beautiful music. I never appreciated it until I was grown up and realized how lucky I was to be exposed to so much, so young.

40. Where I come from, a lot of people didn't have money, but they didn't have gangs or drugs either.

41. Sex can still be great, even without an orgasm.

42. There's this whole thing in America about talking about all your addictions and problems and I'm not really into that.

43. (on motherhood) I'm open. Adoption is wonderful. I think there are many different ways to do it. I'm an only child, so it's hard to picture the whole multi-child situation. Cynthia has two children and it is unbelievable the amount of work involved. I have the most respect for it in the world, but I'm not sure if I'm cut out for it.


44. I am definitely not a fashionista. I can't live up to that title, I don't want to. Also, I think fashion can have a very negative impact on young people who feel they have to be thin. A lot of young actresses are really unhealthy. It didn't happen to me when I was younger because I grew up in South Carolina in a very secure environment.

45. (on her character, Brooke, on "Melrose Place" 1992) Oh my God, it was awful! One time I was in a department store and, as I was walking around, I could hear women whispering: "There's Brooke - that bitch!" I wanted to scream: "I'm not Brooke, I just play her on TV!"

46. Every child that I've worked with so far has been so professional and not at all the kind of difficult, cliched stories that you would hear.






47. I'm a hard-core Prada addict. I can't think of a time I've entered a Prada store and not bought something.

48. The girls on the show are like a rat pack. People don't believe us when we say that, but that's one of the joys of the show for me.


What do you think of Kristin Davis' quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts