Ali MacGraw Quotes

1. (on third husband Steve McQueen) One thing about Steve, he didn't like the women in his life to have balls.


2. I've always loved animals and I always thought that they were, if not better, then the absolute equal of any two legged creature that God ever created.


3. (on the surprise success of "Love Story" - 1970, her second starring role) If you're a baby about the media, as I was, you can't imagine what it's like when the great approval machine shines its beam on you, when every time you cross the street someone comes out of a manhole to talk about your haircut. I've since learned that surviving stardom depends on doing the work to find out who you are so that you don't define yourself by what people say about you. But nothing can prepare you for that kind of avalanche. The mistake is to take it for the end of the story.

4. Now I think everyone should ask: "Am I going to be able to be the person I want to be in this relationship?"





5. You know, the fashion business is this legendary repository of young girls on their way to getting husbands. I really wanted to work.


6. It's been my experience that the longer I do yoga, the more I want to know, the more I am able to understand and the less judgmental I am.




7. You know, movies are often made by tying up the hamburger rights and rubber-doll rights before the script is even approved.

8. I can't remember when I wasn't an animal rights activist.


9. I don't enjoy other people's dramas, and I don't enjoy mine.


10. It's not so much what do I want to be doing in 15 years, it's how I want to be in 15 years.

11. I fully expect to be doing yoga for the rest of my life.

12. I'm very touched on a deep level by cruelty to animals.


13. I want to be a person who makes a quiet difference.









14. Looking at beautiful things is what makes me the happiest.

15. I was really involved with other people's opinions of me, and it got heightened during my film career. I don't have any opinion, good or bad about it, it just was. It's not the way I feel now, and I think yoga has a lot to do with that.


16. The quality of my life has changed dramatically - not the events - but the way I handle them and my priorities and my sense of drama.







What do you think of Ali MacGraw's quotes?



Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts