Dannii Minogue Quotes

1. The only pop acts still here from when I was around are Kylie and Natalie Imbruglia.

2. I'm not living for when I have a Number One record or when I make a million trillion dollars. I'm not doing this to get somewhere else. I'm doing it because I'm doing it.


3. Being sexy doesn't mean you shouldn't be safe.





4. Her aunt was like a home base for Emma, she was a tearaway and she'd do terrible things and come back to Ailsa and go: "Oh, I've done the wrong thing then, haven't I?" and she'd say: "Yes, and this is what you should do".

5. Everyone has determination - it's a question of how you use it. Hers is based on power and success and conquering; she doesn't care what she has to do or who gets hurt in the process. In that way we're very, very different.


6. I had some great scenes with Nana Coburn who played Vicki, we had some good bitchy fighting scenes together! When I first came into the show, when Emma was a punk, I also had some great scenes with Nicole Dickson.

7. (on Kylie) She's going to be fine. She's really lucky her cancer has been treatable. She's getting better by the day. I can't wait to see her back on her feet. She's inspirational, she's a fighter.


8. I knew at the time that that wasn't the part I would be doing, they just wanted a screentest so they could have a look at it to show to the directors and producers. Then they wrote a part for me or maybe they already had it in mind, I don't know.

9. She is very well aware of the floods of love coming in for her and it's very helpful and supportive.


10. Since I've been in Playboy myself in Australia, I love it, and I think it's really empowering and positive towards women, which is not a view that many women hold.



11. We had a lot of emotional phone calls, with me calling Paris and Kylie calling me in London…But we're really pleased how it turned out. It was a huge moment for our family.


12. So we both went and Kylie ended up with the part! I wasn't upset, maybe I was too young to even know what was going on.




13. It was like a classic thing with Emma. So I walked in and I slammed the door and everything fell off the wall on the set. It was my second or third scene and I was so embarrassed and scared and so nervous about what everyone would say, but everyone just packed up laughing.


14. We must have done five takes before the chairs fell off the table, and when they did they went down like dominoes! They're metal and they make the loudest noise so they couldn't use that take because all you hear is CRASH! I think the sound guy listening to it just blew his eardrums out. 

15. He's been incredible. He makes her so happy. I would love them to marry.






16. It was like cramming for an exam, trying to learn all this stuff about the 60s, but it was fun. I asked Mum and Dad and other friends of theirs and read bits out of books and old magazines and newspapers.


17. Also, there are seats in the diner that always fall off the table. If you have a scene where you're packing up at the end of the day and putting them on the table, they just slide off.


18. Terry, my manager, spoke to them and they asked if I would come and do an audition, so I auditioned for the part of Marilyn.


19. It was sort of good it happened because it broke the ice with everyone.







20. When things went wrong it was fairly funny. At the time you say to yourself: "I know I'll look back on this and laugh". When we were doing scenes at the beach and it was so windy and freezing and all blotchy and we'd have lines to say like: "What a beautiful day. Let's go for a swim". 


21. I didn't expect to get it at all. I just went along to the audition for the experience.







22. It was like an older but better version of "Young Talent Time" because we had more time to spend on it. There were three guys and three girls and we made thirteen episodes that were sold in the United States and Canada.


23. Mum, who had been a dancer with a small ballet company before she got married, was full of encouragement. She didn't say: "This is really good, you should do this", She just encouraged us to do whatever we liked.

24. It was a non-speaking part. I remember being really excited and taking the day off school to do it. I didn't have a clue what was going on technically, all I knew was that there was a camera there and that was it. 


25. Kylie and I were both taking piano lessons at the time and didn't think of acting. A friend rang mum up and said: "How about bringing Kylie and Danielle in because they might be right for the part?"

26. The funniest thing happened in one of my first scenes. In the beginning Emma was really arrogant and punk and in every scene she would slam the door when she walked in or out.


27. Judy Nunn and Ray Meagher were great. They played Ailsa and Alf, my mum and uncle, and I had most of my first scenes with them. The whole time that I'd been in the show all my big emotional scenes were with Judy.

28. They had asked for me because they wanted a younger girl, but Mum asked if she could bring Kylie along because she didn't want there to be any jealously.

29. I'd been very good friends with this girl since primary school. I distinctly remember going into a white hospital room and seeing her lying there, strapped to the bed. I was just a young teenager and it was so horrendous. I watched my friend nearly die from anorexia. There was no headline that someone could write about me that would make me do that to myself...There were some horrific headlines. Had I not been confident about myself and my body, I would have been in a load of trouble.


30. I always watched the show thinking: "Wouldn't it be great to be a member?", but I never thought it would happen.


31. I can't wait for my new album to be released, it's in the style of hot house disco. It will bring other elements to my sound, but keeping in the groove that I found with Neon Nights. I've been inspired by the pumping tunes of DJs working in Ibiza, Miama and Hot House destinations. I have worked with some of the same producers as "Neon Nights", and some new ones. My main aim is heavy-fat-bass-lines, I love that thumping feeling. Hopefully I have topped "Neon Nights", which was made with lots of love.

32. (When asked what are the top things on her list when looking for the right guy) Gorgeous, available, gotta be single, none of this messing about, good sense of humor, protective, definitely, confident, I mean because loads of guys won't put up with my kind of job.

33. We were great mates. We didn't really go out together because we never really had the time to go out. But we were with each other all the time anyway because we were working all the time. We could sit down and talk for hours, and we still can. We just understood each other.

34. I couldn't sing to save myself. Greg went to John after the audition and said: "She's cute, but she can't sing very well" and he said: "I know. We'll teach her. I just want her on the show".


35. I had a scene where the chair was meant to slide off the table, but do you think it would slide off? No. We were running out of time and we had to get these scenes done urgently.


36. I had an acting coach while I was doing the show and every week I could see my work improving. I really liked working on the show because I was learning new things every day.


What do you think of Dannii Minogue's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts