Debbie Gibson Quotes

1. I'm glad I started so young, because you are really able to endure so much at that age.


2. The cool thing is that people have been so responsive to my work on stage that I've actually had to turn things down. I have so many things I want to do, from flying an airplane to writing a symphony, and doing motivational speaking to groups of teenagers. Making records is now only one part of a great big picture in my life.


3. The music now is about my personal life, where I'm at as a 24-year-old young woman, so it's very honest and it's very pure and it's very emotional.





4. I tend to get into something, like two feet and jump in, you know, she's always kind of going: "Come on, Deb, it's your career, slow down, take it easy".

5. At the time, I thought it was a piece of cake. Very often, I was playing three clubs a night, sleeping two hours a night, and dashing off to high school. It all seemed very normal to me at the time - especially because I've always believed that success comes from hard work. But I don't think I could ever go back to that kind of lifestyle and not completely lose my mind.


6. And I always had people telling me: "You can't do this. You're from Long Island, how do you expect to be on Broadway? You can't go into the city and be on Broadway." What do you mean? It's an hour away! Of course I can be on Broadway someday.





7. Once I started writing songs, though, there was this feeling of: "Oh my God, what a cool thing to be able to say to someone: "You've never heard this before. And I know you haven't, because I wrote it." I felt like: "Wow, if I could present something new to people, that would be the ultimate thing".


8. I think everybody changes from 16 to 24. Actually, I'm right on the verge of 25.




9. One of my favorite songs from the album is a song called "For Better or Worse," and it's basically about unconditional love, which is, I'd say, an ongoing theme in my personal life.


10. I wouldn't say I was bullied per se, but I did get a lot of unwanted attention because I was musical and stood out. In school you don't want to stand out; you want to blend in.




11. I used to want to be the quickest, loudest, and sharpest. I think as time has gone on, I've gotten more relaxed.

12. I think any parent that makes their kid sit at a piano against their will and practice, they're going to have a kid that's not going to want to play the piano.


13. The ideal situation would be to bypass all of the drama and mayhem and just get the music right to the people. I'm confident that we'll eventually figure it out.

14. Being on stage is what I enjoy.


15. For as long as I can remember, I walked, talked, and sang, and entertained. I mean, this picture that I look at, and, you know, I don't even remember it, obviously, because I was only two.




16. I've learned to have a sense of humor about myself. Lord knows everyone else does!

17. I think that celebrities should never underestimate their power. I mean just to draw attention, because then people get involved on a personal level.


18. This business is about working. It's really not about glamour. For me, the most glamorous thing about it is to be able to get on stage and perform my music for people. That's the privilege. And that's what all the work leads up to, and that's why it's worth it to me.






19. I've been sponsoring kids in Manila, for like, 6 years. And I got to meet them. Now, how many people write away in the mail…you don't even know if these organizations are for real. So, there are examples of the power of music that come into play, like that, where I go: "This is great. This is amazing that I'm here with these kids."


20. I've managed to keep my career going in a way that suits me. I'll perform, and then I'll go home to my actual life, and I've never been so visible.
 


21. I did, like, a couple of sexier videos, because all of a sudden I went: "Wow, I have a body. I have this side of me that I haven't shown yet." And I started kind of playing around with that side of things.

22. There are those people out there that live to destroy communities. I'm just afraid that one happened to get elected here.


23. This is the time it all starts, I'm telling you. Like, 16, I mean, forget it. You could just get beat up, you could go through these grueling schedules.






24. I spent a lot of my life schlepping around New York with people not doing things for me.

25. What we found is that there is a whole network of people who are college age and older, who are fairly well educated and are looking for an alternative to what's on pop radio. They are into books, movies, and go to cappuccino bars instead of alcohol bars - they are actually a lot like me.


26. I'm kind of a quirky dresser usually. Like today, I'm actually pretty put together, but I dress kind of off sometimes, but that's just part of my personality.

27. I guess it's nice to know I have that much depth on our bench. We served very aggressively and our defense was pretty strong. We let few balls drop and were pretty good at keeping the ball in play.

28. What I love about how my career has gone up to this point is that I've always, always put my head down on my pillow at night, and I've been able to say that I've done, honestly, what I've felt like I wanted to do. And that's really all you can hope for in everything you do.


29. We improved our serving percentage from Tuesday's match.





30. I think I have a very nice demeanor, but at the same time, when pushed, I will freak out. I have a backbone, but I don't feel like I'm terrible about it.


31. I don't know if people feel this way, but I think by nature that when you start off as a young pop singer, they assume that you're a bit pampered, prissy, and precious, or that you live in a bubble and not in the real world. For me that's not the case.





32. I've been, I think, able to stay grounded in such a crazy business, and I attribute that a lot to my family, and especially to my mother. Because, you know, she just was always there to kind of remind me of what priorities should be. O.K., yes, I'm an artist, I'm a performer, but I'm a sister, I'm a daughter, I'm a granddaughter, I'm an aunt. Those things have to be as important, if not more important, than my career.

33. I can't even imagine seeing someone else. I've never had any problems at all. He's been wonderful.


What do you think of Debbie Gibson's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts