Dr. Dre Quotes

1. I had fun doing it, but acting ain't really my thing. I am more of a production/director type. I would rather be behind the scenes and organizing and putting things together like that.

2. In fact, I would advise against anyone doing reality shows. I won't be doing "X Factor" just yet.

3. I'm never gonna stop music, it's like air to me.

4. I really think that's what my real talent is; behind the camera producing or directing, or just puttin' the visual to anything.


5. I always loved the way music made me feel. I did sports at school and all, but when I got home, it was just music. Everybody in my neighborhood loved music. I could jump the back fence and be in the park where there were ghetto blasters everywhere.

6. Over 80 million records sold and I ain't got to do it with ten or eleven year olds.


7. The only two things that scare me are God and the IRS.






8. People are always coming up to me, thinking I've got some magic wand that can make them a star and I want to tell them that no one can do that. Making hit records is not that easy. But it took me time to realize that myself.


9. Mission accomplished, we didn't have any problems as far as violence goes.





10. I would love to have scored "Pulp Fiction" or "Scarface", or movies of that nature. Cube was just talking to me. Actually he just handed me this script maybe an hour ago that we've been talking about throughout the Tour. He wants me to Score it and maybe put some music to a TV show he has coming out. So be careful what you wish for. I think that should be interesting.


11. Before now, I've always taken my mixes out to the car and listened to them in the parking lot. I still do that, but more so now I'm listening to it on the Beat box, and I think people should give it at least a listen and check it out and see what it is.


12. I'd rather deal with Tipper than Bush. He's trying to kill everybody in jail.

13. If you know about Dr. Dre, these headphones weren't coming out until they were perfect, or else we would have had detox five years ago.


14. When the ideas are coming, I don't stop until the ideas stop because that train doesn't come along all the time.

15. Black women are the strongest most hardworking people on earth.


16. You got to realize that when I was 20 years old, I had a house, a Mercedes, a Corvette and a million dollars in the bank before I could buy alcohol legally.



17. Anyone that's trying to do something to improve sound...that's all good.


18. Set it off? My shit was wack in that, man! I don't feel like I'm a good actor. I feel like I can do it and I think I'm getting better at it. I think I'm gonna try it next year. Me & Snoop are gonna try and do something. But the reason I haven't done it this far is because I don't think I'm that good at it. Straight up, I didn't think I was that good at it. Over this last year I've been doin' a lotta tests just f... around at home. Practicin' my actin' and havin' people film me, gettin' a couple of my friends that are actors; just actin' 'em out and what have you. I think I can pull it off now. So next year sometime you'll probably see me on that silver screen. Me & Snoop are plannin' to do a mixture of Car Wash and a Ghetto-ass Odd Couple. (I let out a good laugh at the thought of it) So that's what we gonna try to do.

19. When I think of the future, I think a lot of Quincy Jones and how he is an inspiration. Look at the quality of his work over so many years. He didn't even make his best record, "Thriller," until he was 50. That gives me something to look forward to. Nothing pulls you back into the studio more than the belief that your best record is still ahead.


20. Engineering and mixing are absolutely key. Once a song is done, for me personally, it's usually two or three days to get the mix down.


21. Kraftwerk had a really big inspiration on the beginning of hip-hop. My tastes change with the season. Right now its Kraftwerk. I'll see what happens this summer.





22. I got Ice Cube his start. I also launched Eazy-E.

23. I have a duty to myself to do the best that I can do at anything that I'm doing. And right now hip hop is at the top of my list as far as things that I like to do. I would probably never stop doing hip hop. I'll probably be f... 70 years old still tryin' to see whats happenin' out on the streets just to stay in touch and do hip hop records. That's just what I love doin'! But like I said, I definitely venture off into some other things if that answered your question.


24. I'm about music. I don't know anything about fashion so I cant make clothes, sneakers, or anything like that. I know sound. Thats it. Most people that are making headphones probably aren't involved in the actual creation of music. So we have an upper hand.



25. I just go in and do the best that I can at whatever I'm doin'. I custom make things for each artist that I'm workin' with. Wait a minute, let me rewind myself. What was the question? (I repeat the question) I don't even think about it like that when I go into the studio. I don't go in sayin', Yo, hip hop is in trouble. I need to do something. Dunt-da-da-dunn!!! Let me come save... I don't think about it like that. I just go in the studio and I just do my thing, Man! And I can't let nothin' come out of that studio that I had somethin' to do with that I don't really feel, it's bangin' and it's different and it's f... everything up that's out there, period! Damn, I'm f... up and haven't had a drink yet!


26. It's just first finding the right musicians that understand it and they have to be excited about what they're doing. Some musicians want to sit there and play something they wrote to get money instead of getting the song done. So it's about the musicians understanding and being able to do what they're asked to do. There's no big science behind that too.

27. There is no format. There is no f... meditation process. There is nothing that goes on except me going in the studio and touchin' those buttons. I'd have to say 90% of the time I don't know what the f... I'ma do till I get there. It just happens. It's a God-given Gift that I have. It just happens, Man.


28. The record collection is gone now. I had a warehouse full of albums and I contemplated getting rid of it for at least two years before I did it. I wasn't really using it anymore. It was just sitting there as another bill for storage. 80,000 albums.





29. George Lucas definitely has a right to be trippin' on me because the sound at the beginning of my album does sound like his shit. Actually we got the idea from him. And it's like, any-f...-body can hear that. So he definitely has a legitimate argument and I can't argue that. That's why I'm payin' him the money that he wants. Am I Player-Hatin' on Napster? Um, no. No. I would have no reason to even speak on Napster if they wasn't f... with my music. I'm one of the few individuals in this business that owns his masters. My masters come back to me after a certain period of time. And this is something that my kids are gonna be able to eat on in the future, Period…Napster is just a new high-tech way of bootlegging, Period! That's all it is and f... that! A lotta people involved with Napster are talking about music should be free. Well how the f... are we supposed to make it? It costs to make it! Straight up, this is my job! I bet you there's nobody at Napster that's workin' for free.


30. I'm really protective of my family, myself and my image. It's one of the reasons for my longevity in the business. I'm not a person that really gives a f... about being on camera or people taking pictures of me. I like being to myself. I have my designated events, I do like to party and have fun but in controlled environments, like the room you're sitting in right now.


31. NWA has to be NWA. Eminem is Eminem. NWA is NWA. There's two different things there. For example, let's take the first track on Eminem's album, "I'll Kill You": that's custom made for him. It wouldn't work for Snoop. These two things don't mesh at all. Niggaz Wit' attitudes could not have Eminem in the group. The Public would f... lose it.


32. I'm just trying to be a creator in among all this shit thats going on. I just want to get my music out and make sure that it's heard in the right way.




33. My mom has pictures of me at four years old at the turntable, reaching up to play the records. I feel like I was bred to do what I do. I've been into music, and listening to music and critiquing it, my whole life.


34. All I see is Slim, f... all you fair-weather friends, all I need is him, f... backstabbers, when the chips were down you just laughed at us, Now you 'bout to feel the f... wrath of Aftermath, faggots.

35. You can kiss my indecisive ass crack, maggots, and the cracker's ass, Little Cracker Jack, beat-making wackass backwards producers.


36. I actually got a chance to see the museum and it's incredible…The way they built it and the shapes and all the plans. I'm just happy to be a part of it.




37. If there were no guns, we couldn't talk about it...You turn on TV, you see soldiers marching with guns. We only talk about things that's happening.

38. Music is a stepping stone to get to my goal. I want to be able to create a Movie and do an entire Soundtrack myself. That hasn't been done for a long time. I think the last time it was done was probably Prince, or f... Curtis Mayfield, or some shit like that. Babyface got busy with the Soul Food Soundtrack, but nothin' edgy has came out.


39. I wanted to be sure that my donation did two things: went directly into the hands of hurricane victims and that it was an amount that could really impact their lives and make a difference.



40. I'm gonna try and change the course of hip hop again.

What do you think of Dr. Dre quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts