Julianne Moore Plastic Surgery

We all know that in Hollywood the pressure is too high for celebrities to remain forever young. On the other hand, there are few of them who swear that they will never go under the plastic surgeon's knife. The reason? Well, these celebrities have completely come to terms with their flaws and love being natural.  


When it comes to British-American actress Julianne Moore (real name: Julie Anne Smith)  plastic surgery procedures are out of the question. In fact, Moore, 52, is an outspoken critic of plastic surgery - she's compared it to the practice of ancient foot-binding.



Moore revealed that she does not believe such procedures actually reverse the aging process and stated that she prefers to age naturally and let nature take its course.

"Surgically altered faces are becoming so common that they're starting to be the "new normal. Cosmetic surgery itself starts to look normal, and we lose track of what a real face is like. My feeling is live and let live. Some of those procedures that make you look younger, I don't know that they really made anybody look younger. I think most of the time they make you look like you've had something done to your face," Moore told Health magazine. 

Moore went on to joke that aging gracefully also has its advantages, as she is not held to the high standards that she faced in her youth.





"The big thing about being 50 is the bar is much lower. People are like: "Oh my God, you look great!" So that's sort of good," Moore claimed.

When Moore was asked by Allure magazine about plastic surgery, she was quoted as saying: "I hate to condemn people for doing it, but I don't believe it makes people look better. I think it just makes them look like they had something done to their face, and I don't think we instinctively find that appealing. We think we do, but then when you look at somebody who's had their face altered in some way, it just looks weird. We recognize emotionally that that's not what we look like, that there's something off. You don't want to take away what makes a face look human."


On how she manages to keep her youthful looks, Moore revealed that she stays out of the sun. "I have what I call "my outfit", I wear a long-sleeved rash guard and a pair of board shorts. It's not so sexy, but I keep myself covered. My husband hates it. But if you ever see me at a water park, that's what I'll be wearing."



When asked by The Telegraph if she has ever succumbed to plastic surgery, Moore was quoted as saying: "No, I haven't had anything done. See, I have lines right here. There are things about my face that I'm not crazy about, but you are who you are. It seems like everybody has done work. I see a lot of it, but I don't think it looks any better. You're not suddenly going to look 25. I've always been somebody who's acutely aware of my mortality. You never know when it's all going to be over. Being middle-aged is about realizing that you've lived most of your life. You don’t have as much time in front of you as you have behind you".



"I'm always shocked by people who talk about not being middle-aged, I'm like: "How old do you think you're going to live? Let's double your age and see where you get." People are always like: "Thirty-five is not middle-aged." I'm like: "Double it,"" Moore added.



On the other hand, there are some celebrity watchers who are absolutely stunned by how beautiful and ageless Moore looks that they consider she has definitely had botox!

Miami plastic surgeon Dr. Michael Salzhauer disagrees with Julianne Moore's opinion that plastic surgery can't make you seem young, claiming: "Plastic surgery does have the ability to make you look younger. Procedures that restore lost volume, for instance to the face, breasts and behind, can give you a more youthful appearance. "Full and perky" are words associated with youth. Botox and dermal fillers, when performed correctly, can reduced the appearance of wrinkles and lines and can create a more rejuvenated look to the face."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts