Tiffani Amber Thiessen Quotes

1. (on filming "A Killer Among Friends" - 1992) We did the killing scene in one day - I was so drained I got back to the hotel and went: "Masseuse!"



2. After all those years on "Saved by the Bell" I was worried that casting people would see me only as a good girl. The fact that Valerie was a conniving bitch really attracted me to the role.


3. (on Woody Allen and the film Hollywood Ending- 2002) I'll never forget that reading; it was an amazing experience. You come into the room and look over and see this amazing genius sitting there, this legend. It was all very exciting, but to this day, I still don't know what the movie is about. That's just how Woody works.



4. (on her first producing project Just Pray - 2005) It's a very sweet, simple story, It is something that has been very close to my heart for a long time. The hardest part was finally saying yes and committing; it was the producing side that was harder for me, trying to find a company we could trust and produce it with us. Everybody remembers you from your last five minutes, and I don't think people took me seriously. Being a woman doesn't help, and having people remember me from the types of shows that I've done doesn't either. But I never like things to come easy, and this wasn't.


5. (on her wedding to Brady Smith) It was such a perfect day and a perfect weekend. We had such an amazing time with our friends and our family and seriously, not one thing went wrong. We were very blessed to have everything go so beautifully. Every time I think about it, I get giddy.

6. (on entering a beauty pageant contest) I would never do another one but at the time it was fun.

7. Since I started out very young, I definitely knew where he was coming from, and I knew his attention span was probably a lot shorter than us adults. I had to play with that and work with that, but he really did give a beautiful performance.


8. I wake up every morning and I'm thankful for what I have. I've been blessed with a lot of wonderful things and I try to reflect on that every chance I can.



9. I just want to keep playing something different each time out. It is the same thing most actors want in their careers; the chance to do a variety of characters. Otherwise, you end up playing the same character over and over again until it gets downright boring. That's not how I want to spend my life.


10. (on the success of "Saved by the Bell" - 1989) To us, it was this cute little show that was on against a bunch of cartoons on Saturday morning. None of us expected it to last very long. We didn't realize anything big was happening until our first personal appearance, and then we were shocked out of our minds. We went to a mall and there were 4,000 screaming kids waiting for us. They were tearing off our clothes and begging for the cups of water that we were drinking from. We kept looking at each other in amazement. We had no idea this was happening, and I still don't understand it.

11. Society is a little more forgiving of two women kissing than two men. It's sad but true.






12. (on her most embarrassing moment) I went to the Godzilla premiere in New York, and the after party was outside on the street by Times Square. It was so dark and there were so many people that I couldn't see the ground. I had these big old high stiletto Gucci heels on, and I completely tripped on the curb! I totally fell in front of all these people!


13. I was never clean, prissy and perfect like Kelly, and I was never a pot-smoking slut like Valerie. Kelly was the cheerleader and the perfect girl next door, and being that I grew up in the business, I never went to school. I was never a cheerleader. I never went to the prom. I didn't have any of those experiences.

14. It's not uncommon for actors to get involved in the development and production side of the camera. Look at Drew Barrymore and her Flower Films or Sandra Bullock and Fortis Films. The list goes on. Having spent so many years on sets, working with different levels of material and building so many relationships with people, I felt capable and prepared to create a business entity that would allow me to direct and produce while complimenting my acting career. To remain stagnate and only focus on acting would be short sighted. And, since I love the business and it's all I've ever known, it was a natural progression to start such a company.

15. Honestly, I enjoy food. And I'm never going to be stick thin like Kate Moss. But, I don't eat like a pig.







16. Playboys make me barf, I like intelligent, funny and smart-witted guys.

17. The weight issues is a huge one that arises almost in every woman. But I don't think it's increased it's always been there. Since the 1920's women have been encouraged to be thin. But even that is dictated by fashion. It alternates between being really skinny and being healthy.


18. They never let me hold the Barbie I only got to hold Ken. I guess I wasn't blonde enough.

19. I love to shop for lingerie! My drawer for my lingerie is probably as big as my drawer for sweats and jeans. It's really huge.

20. (on her now husband Brady Smith - In Style) Getting my engagement ring was the biggest diamond moment for me. Those are the moments when a girl brightens up bigger than the diamond that's in the box.


21. Whenever I need to be uplifted or inspired, all I have to do is open this beautifully put together book.





22. I would love to be totally thin and be able to eat whatever I like, but I don't have a problem with my body. I like my body. I don't want to make myself crazy watching my weight.


23. It's much more interesting to play the bitch.





24. It's never really been a hard thing for me for some reason. After the first time, it was, like, no big deal. All the guys on 90210 treat me with total respect. They don't try anything.


25. I was literally in underwear for the first three years of "90210". I finally had to go to the producers and say: "Look, I'm here to do a job, not to be naked the entire time."


26. I don't think you understand what a job really is when you're a teenager.


27. I'm a very free spirit; there are two sides to me, completely. If I could take you into my closet, you'd go: "Yep, you're right." It's split right down the middle. I have just as many sweatshirts as I have sweaters. I have just as many jeans as I have black pants.

28. I really don't have a career plan. I like being challenged and thrown around. But it's only acting.


29. When someone can make me laugh from like the inside out, that's usually when I feel the most happy. And it's usually coming from my boyfriend, my family and my closest friend.


30. I mean there's things I'm embarrassed about, but I don't think I'm ever ashamed of anything just because my family tried to teach me, when I was young, that I should never be upset or feel bad about the decisions I make, in my life, and that you learn from them and you move on. So I don't think I can honestly say that I'm ashamed on something. I've been embarrassed about certain things, in my life, but never ashamed. We're all human, you know! We make mistakes, but we learn from them.

31. I've had to struggle with my weight since I was 17. There's a lot of added pressure because I work with so many beautiful, thin people, and I've been asked to lose weight before by producers. It really hurts but that's part of what this business is about. People expect me to be thin and perfect and I'm not.

32. (on winning in Teen Magazine) I was definitely surprised when I won, 'cause that year those girls were absolutely gorgeous. 







33. When you interact with someone you always take something from them.

34. (on Jennie Garth and Peter Facinelli) Family is important to them. My fiance and I love going over there for dinner. Seeing them with their kids has made me think that I may be ready to have a baby.


35. (on Jennie Garth) We have one of those friendships that started long ago, so I'm really thankful for it, and I know I'll have it for the rest of my life.

36. (on Jennie Garth) I love her like a sister. I tell her everything.

37. (on Jennie Garth and Peter Facinelli) Peter is a goofball, and he has helped Jennie become more outgoing. They have a wonderful relationship.

38. Jennie Garth is my closest friend.


39. My first date ever was actually with my very first boyfriend. We ended up being together for quite awhile, four and a half years. But it was actually with his sister who was quite older - a lot older than him, kind of like a guardian and…my mother, that was my first date and we went to the movies. It was really funny because, you know, they were actually saying "we'll let you sit away from us and we'll sit back" and I'm like "okay that's gonna be REALLY strange. So why don't you just sit with us and we'll watch the movie and we'll go home".

40. Never leave your house unless you're feeling completely 100 percent. If there's a piece on you or something you're wearing that you don't feel extremely confident in, don't wear it. Change.






41. What do I wanna do 10 years from now? I love doing TV and I hope I can do it as long as I can. Some day I want to get married and have a family. And I would love to travel. I want to go back to Australia - absolutely.


42. If you work with Aaron Spelling and he likes you, you'll always work for Aaron. And believe me, that's not a bad thing.


43. I think people in the entertainment field have no privacy. All the tabloids want to see is a person fail at something.


44. If I didn't work out, it'd be a disaster. The weight issue has been a really big thing for me all my life. I come from an overweight family, and in this business, it's something you simply can't be. I love eating, but I work out six days a week, usually for an hour and a half.


45. I've let a lot of my type A personality go. When you have a kid, the messiness doesn't matter anymore.

46. I like a man to be romantic, have a sense of humor, independent, definitely and have definite goals for himself.


47. It's definitely difficult but it's kind of the price you pay when you're in this kind of business. And I wouldn't trade it for anything.




48. I'm mature. I'm not a little big-haired high school girl. I can be mean. And I can be a vixen and do other stuff like maybe smoke a cigarette.

49. I always feel that everything you do in life is a learning experience and that you become a wiser person for it.


50. I really don't look at my life as being an accomplishment. I'm just very thankful for what I've been given.



51. I'd say I've enjoyed every role that I've done in my life.



52. I've collected pigs since I was really little, miniature pigs and stuff like that.

53. I like playing Valerie. She's a chameleon. One moment she's charming and the next she's a "you know what". I like her because she's so two-sided - she's two different characters in one.


54. I have really beautiful silverware and jewelry from my grandmother on my dad's side. I have an amazing cameo choker, a necklace that was my grandmother's. It's ivory on the inside, and on the outside it's a peach color with gold.

55. I'm a pretty big clothes horse. I shop for clothes constantly. I do so much shopping. I should go to Shoppers Anonymous.


56. It was so much fun going from playing a good girl to a bad girl.






57. (on kissing another woman, something she did on a recent episode of "Fastlane") Nothing is going on in my head right before I do it. All I am thinking is: "What's my next line?"


58. (on kissing another woman, something she did on a recent episode of "Fastlane") I didn't have a problem with it. People pick apart things like that. It wasn't anything like: "Oh my gosh!" Fox is the only one who likes to make big deals out of things like this.

59. It's funny - in elementary school, I went by Amber. I never liked Tiffani.


60. In this business, you've got to take a lot of rejection - and you can't take it personally. If you're not chosen, you're either not ready or not right for it. My mom used to tell me that a quitter never wins, and a winner never quits. And that's something I've always gone by.





61. My dog and two cats are such a vital part of my life. To say that I am their owner doesn't reflect at all the profound bond and responsibility that I have towards them. Therefore, I thoroughly support In Defense of Animals' initiative to utilize "guardian" instead of owner.


62. I'm a very spiritual person and to know that now women are able to do just as much as men is really great…Working for myself and being young and being a woman, I can finally get respect from people…I mean I've got my own house, I've got my career set - nobody can tell me I can't do it.


63. People expect me to be thin and perfect…I'm not.

64. My brother Todd's been a really big inspiration to me. He's had a lot of problems, and how he's come out of it is just amazing. Knowing someone who's been at the bottom and completely restructured themselves...makes me think I could do anything. I have total respect for him.


65. I've seen the effects of drugs too often. My brother had a big problem with them for five years. He's better now, but I've never needed or wanted to be involved with them.

66. My mom always taught me to be sweet and polite and cross my legs because it's what the guys like. Actually, they like a raunchy girl once in a while.

67. If it were right for the role, I'd do it. If it was "lose weight just to lose weight," they'd get a nice "no thanks!"


68. Since I'm into modeling, I know young girls always try to watch their weight and what they look like. And it is important to some extent but…I've known girls who have gone through a lot of problems with dieting, and it's not worth it. It's terrible to think that our society has to be tall, skinny and beautiful. It's really horrible that we have to look like that and it's not worth it. It really isn't. I've met a lot of beautiful people who don't have anything inside.

69. I think guys are intimidated by any woman who appears to be strong. Now women are so independent, which I am. But I try to solve that by asking men out. I'm not going to wait.



70. There are too many rotten things in this world, and if I can put a smile on one little girl's face, one little boy's face, then I've done my job.


What do you think of Tiffani Amber Thiessen's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts