Meg Ryan Quotes

1. What brings people down is the same thing over and over.

2. Fame is also a test of character at times…Sometimes I pass the test; sometimes I'm a pain in the ass. Sometimes I'm like: "Oh, God! I just want to buy some tampons!"


3. The e-mail relationships that I have are kind of fantastic, because I think you get to fill in your relationships a little bit if you actually get the time to sit down and compose a note to someone.


4. I don't feel particularly typecast because I think I do so many different kinds of things. Whether they're seen or not is another issue.


5. Someone called my character the Meg Ryan of the Broken Hearts bunch. Now maybe the perception is that I'm a Meg Ryan type.

6. I wouldn't have thought of myself as a person who could guide anybody and then it turned out that I can.


7. The ultimate date for me would be with someone fantastic, fun and great - and we'd go to the Lennox Lewis/Mike Tyson fight.


8. I don't think I'll ever be a producer who's into taking the meetings and fighting the big fights with studios. I really don't like that part. I'm much more interested in the material.

9. You don't go: "Wow! I get to do a nude scene." But I love the sex scene in this movie. It was scary, honest and raw. But people could find my body very unattractive. There could be a backlash against it.


10. I've been in this business for years and I'm still befuddled by the ways of this town.





11. I've been an actress and famous person since I was 19 years old. I just needed to be with my son and figure out my life and see what I wanted. I felt like I was very reactive about my life as opposed to being proactive.


12. I'm a sucker for a funny script. And then, as soon as I don't wanna be, one comes along and grabs me.





13. I am convinced, completely and utterly convinced, that there was nothing random about the adoption. She is the daughter I should have. I never felt like I was on a rescue mission or anything like that. I just really wanted a baby. I was on a mission to connect with somebody, and Daisy and I got to meet each other in this way at this time. We are so compatible.


14. My family responsibilities don't conflict with my career. Not at all.



15. I've played a heroin addict and a speed freak and dark characters throughout my career.

16. It was not a healthy marriage for long time. It was never about another man, it was about what my and Dennis's relationship could not sustain.


17. I do press junkets and people will tell me what I've supposedly said in articles and I always disagree with myself. "Why in the world would I say that?"

18. I heard that chivalry was dead, but I think it's just got a bad flue.


19. Neither of us, me nor Dennis, is cavalier about a breakup. We both behaved very honorably.


20. A l lot of films I've done are essentially about women who are finding their voice, women who don't know themselves well.

21. The best thing about modern living is anaesthesia.

22. I have a very good life, so I have nothing to complain about. Sometimes, I just have existential angst.


23. Acting is what I do. It's not what I solely define myself as.


24. When I wear high heels I have a great vocabulary and I speak in paragraphs. I'm more eloquent. I plan to wear them more often.

25. And the insidious thing is that people will either see a movie because it did well last weekend or won't see it because it didn't do well.


26. It would be really great if people would realize that stars are only people with the same weaknesses and flaws, not immaculate idols.





27. And who cares, five years down the road, what most movies made or didn't make? If it's good, it stands up.

28. I think there's an ongoing effort involved in trying to get a bigger perspective, trying to let go of things that limit your capacity to love and be loved or your capacity to hear and to really speak.


29. Clearly romantic comedy is my franchise genre, I don't mind saying that, it's true. I love doing them and hopefully always will do them.





30. People are always telling me that change is good. But all that means is that something you didn't want to happen has happened.

31. I don't think we realize just how fast we go until you stop for a minute and realize just how loud and how hectic your life is, and how easily distracted you can get.


32. Motherhood changed me because it is so fundamental what you're doing for another person. And you are able to do even though it takes a lot.








What do you think of Meg Ryan's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts