Sacha Baron Cohen Quotes

1. Sex can lead to nasty things like herpes, gonorrhea, and something called relationships.


2. It's nice to be important, but it's also important to be nice. Never forget that.

3. Borat is based actually on a guy I met in southern Russia. I can't remember his name. He was a doctor. The moment I met him I was totally crying. He was a hysterically funny guy, albeit totally unintentionally.

4. I've never really done any interviews as myself.


5. I remember, when I was in university I studied history, and there was this one major historian of the Third Reich, Ian Kershaw. And his quote was: "The path to Auschwitz was paved with indifference." I know it's not very funny being a comedian talking about the Holocaust, but I think it's an interesting idea that not everyone in Germany had to be a raving anti-Semite. They just had to be apathetic.

6. Look at the evil people in the world: Saddam Hussein, Hitler, Stalin. What do they all have in common? Moustaches!





7. I think that, essentially, I'm a private person, and to reconcile that with being famous is a hard thing. So I've been trying to have my cake and eat it too - to have my character be famous yet still lead a normal life where I'm not trapped by fame and recognizability…I guess I've been greedy. Maybe it's time to let go.


8. Gentlemen, I want you all to know that the minister was very hard, but also very straight.




9. To single out a particular group and say we can't make a joke about them is almost a form of prejudice and it's kind of patronizing.


10. I've been in a bizarre situation, where a country has declared me as its number-one enemy. It's inherently a comic situation. I mean, it's always risky when you don't go down the normal route. I wish I would've been there at the briefing that Bush got about who I am, who Borat is. It would have had to be great.

11. Democracy is very different in US and A from Kazakhstan. In America, woman can vote, but horse cannot!


12. Is it a coincidence that all the good people have long hair, like Jesus, and like hippies and you know Rod Stewart?


13. In US and A, if you want to marry a girl, you cannot just go to her father's house and swap her for 15 gallons of insecticide.




14. Is it 'cos I is black?

15. For a number of years in England nobody had any idea what I looked like.


16. Dictators are ludicrous characters, and, you know, in my career and in my life, I've always enjoyed sort of inhabiting these ludicrous, larger-than-life characters that somehow exist in the real world.


17. I enjoyed being anonymous.



18. I don't know if I'm brave.

19. I love it when women go to school. It's like seeing a monkey on roller skates - it means nothing to them, but it's so adorable for us...


20. I think in the moment. So when I'm in character, I'm in character, and I'm obviously thinking about what's going on around me, but it's easier to do stuff when you're in character.

21. Ahmadinejad, he is still around, but he is still an embarrassment. He looks like a snitch on "Miami Vice." I mean, why does he not wear a tie? Does he think every day in Iran is Casual Friday?


22. I think if you come from a history of persecution you have to develop a sense of humor.


23. Jews have a tendency to become comedians.

24. When you chase a dream, especially one with plastic chests, you sometimes do not see what is right in front of you.

25. I think pulling off, pulling off a kind of fake documentary of me being a, you know, actual dictator would have been extremely difficult, if not impossible.


26. My favorite shows are Wadiyan. We have our version of "Two and a Half Men." It used to be called "Three Men" but one of them tried to steal a grapefruit. Also, I love the TV program "24." You have it here, but we play it backwards so it has a happy ending.


27. Normally in dangerous situations I have a getaway car.


What do you think of Sacha Baron Cohen's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts