Estelle Getty Quotes

1. If there are two things you want to do in life and one of them is acting...do the other.



2. People assume that I'm wiser than I am because I'm somewhat successful. Age does not bring you wisdom, age brings you wrinkles. If you're dumb when you're young, you're going to be dumb when you're old.

3. (on launching her fundraising for AIDS research in honor of her gay friends and fans) Too many of you, my friends, are dying. Now it's time for me to do my part and help you.


4. I've played mothers to heroes and mothers to zeroes. I've played Irish mothers, Jewish mothers, Italian mothers, Southern mothers, New England mothers, mothers in plays by Neil Simon and Arthur Miller and Tennessee Williams. I've played mother to everyone but Attila the Hun.

5. You can do anything you want to do.

6. Being tiny has been difficult for me in a business that regarded physicality as the most important part of your life. And I always had to fight against the fact that I could do things even though I was small. And eventually I proved to them I could play mother to six footers.


7. The only time you'll see me as a Democrat is when I play Sophia. In the real world I'm a Republican from head to toe.

8. I think they look upon me as an old child, because I'm so little.

9. If love means never having to say you're sorry, then marriage means always having to say everything twice.


10. (referring to her career-making role in "Torch Song Trilogy") Playing Mother Beckoff for five years on stage was the role of a lifetime and I was really angry when they gave the part to Anne Bancroft (in the film). She was just too loud and played too hard at being Jewish.



11. Sticks and stones might break your bones, but cement pays homage to tradition.


What do you think of Estelle Getty's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts