Coco Rocha Quotes

1. Every sweet, humble young model is only one campaign away from becoming a fashion monster.

2. I always wear what I'm comfortable in. If one designer doesn't like what I'm wearing, the next one will.


3. You see a model walk down the street and she's wearing jeans and a T-shirt, no makeup, her hair down, and she looks like a regular girl. For me just to look "natural" in a photo takes two hours of hair and makeup, good lighting, styling, and Photoshop - and six hours later, you have the picture. But when I go home, it's just me with no makeup, pimples, and a pair of baggy pants. That's life - the rest is fantasy. We all need to remember that a photo is just what beauty was to one photographer on one day. You can't compare yourself to those pictures. You are real. Photos are two-dimensional. Beauty is three-dimensional. Your confidence, your personality, your presence - it all adds to what makes you beautiful.

4. At the beginning of my career there were photos and moments I wish I wasn't a part of but I didn't realize I could say "no." Now I know that. I grew up - and still am - a practicing Jehovah's Witness and believe in everything the Bible has to say. I'm a Christian first and a model second.

5. I never plan tomorrow because I don't even know what I'm doing today.


6. I know what I want, I know where I'm going and I'm happy with what I am.


7. Right now it would be unfair to have a kid in the mess of all my life. But when my work is done, I would love to have kids with James.


8. If it weren't for my Irish dancing, I wouldn't be modeling.


9. I remember in school the thing was to have white eyeliner instead of black - it was super cool to wear white. So when I was finally allowed to wear makeup I would have the white eyeliner on top, black along the waterline, and then really thick, thick lashes. You were cool if you had makeup like that. Now my favorite thing is to have shimmers, and to find lowlights and highlights. I remember when Pat McGrath found the best shiny stick (Madina) and she bought them all and gave them to her assistants. So my version of that is Smashbox eye shadow in Oyster. On photoshoots she uses lots of strategically placed shimmer - over and around the eyes, on the Cupid's Bow - so we all look really awake...with the darker contouring, everything kind of pops. If I'm going to red carpet events then I will do something like that.

10. There's both room and a need in this industry for each successive generation. Some of the new girls are very sweet and I hope to be a good example to them. I was fortunate to have great examples in the generation above me and many of them are still doing amazingly well in this business. I'm only 21, I hoping to stick around for a little while still!!




11. I find modeling similar to dancing. Both help me learn to have a presence in front of people and are about poise and being patient.


12. (on bearing her personality to her work) There are enough models out there who are gorgeous and good looking, but have nothing to bring. They can take good pictures, but after that, when you take the pictures, what do you have to say for yourself? 




13. Growing up, I didn't even know there was such a thing as a fashion model.

14. Stay true to yourself. Stick by your values, your morals, and don't let the world bring you down.


15. It's fascinating having three different mentors on the show - Naomi being the generation of the original supermodel Trinity, Karolina being part of the whole Victoria's Secret world and me, who's known for edgy editorial.

16. The term "plus size model" needs to retire. Are they not just MODELS. Period! We don't label "plus sized actresses" or "plus sized singers".

17. (on not being a size-zero model) It took a while to grow the confidence to say: "This is who I am, take it or leave it." 


18. It's important for every model to have a voice. When I started modeling, people said to me: "You're going to have to throw away your beliefs in order to be a successful model." But I didn't.





19. On my blog I just write what about what I'm up to and if people enjoy reading it, then that's lovely. Facebook I use less, I'll throw the odd picture up there every now and then or see what others are commenting. Twitter is new to me but I'm quite excited about its possibilities. I have it on my phone so it's easy to use when I'm sitting having my hair and makeup done.


20. I cannot ever call myself a supermodel. That was an era in time-when Naomi worked-and those girls owned the industry. Nowadays, you do one cover and if it gets a lot of hype, you're considered a supermodel.






21. I'm very happy to announce that I am engaged. Mr. Conran proposed last week and I most definitely accepted. I don't think I've ever been so happy as I am right now. I can't wait to start the rest of my life with him…


What do you think of Coco Rocha's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts