Matthew Perry On Addictions: "I Couldn't Stop"

Matthew Perry reveals in the new issue of People about the years he spent abusing alcohol and prescription pills.

Perry, 43, who states his time on "Friends" overlapped with the worst of his addiction, shares that despite the "white hot flame of fame," those years were extremely "lonely."


"I had a big problem with pills and alcohol, and I couldn't stop," Perry was quoted as saying.






Perry recalls that he was often "painfully hungover" during filming of the hit sitcom, until "things got so bad I couldn't hide it and everybody knew."

The problem wasn't being "a massive party guy." Instead, he claims he would "come home, light some candles, have a drink, watch a movie that was slightly over my head and label myself something ridiculous like a misunderstood artist."

While he admits he used to be "a hopelessly narcissistic guy," these days Perry is helping other addicts, having turned his Malibu mansion into a sober-living home called "Perry House".


As for his plans for the future, Perry would like to start a family.

"I think I'd make a great dad and I think shortly I'd make a great husband," Perry added.


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts