Patti Hansen Quotes

1. You create your opportunities by asking for them.


2. I never wanted to disappoint my family at all. That's what kept me from going to the deep end. That was always in my mind.

3. Why would I want to do something to my face? You can't recapture that. I look at my daughters and see all that lovely collagen in their lips. Everything about them! I look at them and I go: "Oh, God, you're so beautiful".


4. Last week, I was lucky enough to relive some very fun days at one of my favorite clubs, Studio 54. I have to give a big thank you to SiriusXM for throwing such a fun party, I just loved everything about the night! Dancing in such a massive happy space was my favorite, and I wish my girls would have a place like 54 because its perfect for unleashing all the built up energy. Overall, it was an awesome experience!

5. Life is beautiful, enjoy every moment of it.


6. (on husband Keith Richards) I'm a Christian. I'm a believer. I believe that Christ is God. And Keith questions all that. I think he believes in a God, but he's not a Christian. And he just gets into this: "You believe because your parents believed," and I'll say: "Don't do that to me, Keith." I have a strong faith. You are sort of brought into it and then you make a choice yourself. It's my choice. And politics? I definitely want to be an Independent now, but my family is Republican. Keith is essentially a Democrat. But maybe that's what makes it work. We make it work.

7. (on husband Keith Richards) I joined in on Keith's frenzy too, remember. It was the '70s, so we can't say it was all Keith. But my mom told him that she was worried about her baby, and he told her not to worry because he'd take care of me. So, if I ever got really thin running around with him, he would take me off, put some weight on me. Keith promised my mom he would take care of me, and he did.

8. The chemo is really horrible. I don't know how people get through it. I have friends who are on that wicked stuff for life. It's so debilitating, so depressing. The first shot just totally ruined my arm. You have to go get yourself plugged in every week, and you sit there and you think, My God, I take such good care of myself. I'm so organic. I can't believe I'm putting this poison in me. But it shrank the tumor. Cancer is such a friggin' monster. It's radical. Then you have to go through the process of, What are you going to do? There are so many options. One doctor said I had two to three years to live with this thing in me. I was like: "Get that f... out." You look at the beautiful Farrah Fawcett: What was she waiting for? Just get that monster out of your body! I saw one person who said: "It's small, and you are going so radical." But you have to make these choices about what you're going to do. I didn't want it growing back. 

9. Everyone thinks I'm this jock of a woman, but I didn't play any sports. I didn't even let my kids play baseball because I was afraid they were going to get hit by balls.


10. I loved when my boyfriends would call me their Amazon girl. I never wore flats: The higher the shoe, the better. We would go stomping all night long in high heels. But I was definitely busting out of those clothes. The editors would say: "Oh, no! The collections aren't fitting Patti!" But it wasn't like it kept me from working.

11. (on photographer Francesco Scavullo) When you worked with him, you knew how you were going to sit, how it was going to be. He took this wholesome, freckle-faced kid and gave me confidence.


12. I never really read any of the books about Keith. I'm living it. Why do I want to read someone else's interpretation of it?

13. I don't want to write a book; I don't want to go on TV, because I stink at it. The only thing I have always been comfortable with is being in magazines. So here I am.

14. (on photographer Helmut Newton) He was a shit, but he sure as hell knew what he was doing.


15. I was working with Jerry Hall at Avedon's studio and she said: "Do you want to go to a birthday party tonight?" I said: "Sure." It was at the Roxy roller rink. Keith and I met that night, and we have been together ever since. That quick. And I had no idea who he was. Jerry was dating Mick. That was all I knew. It was all very meant to be.

16. (on husband Keith Richards) Keith was constantly making me mix tapes, and he would do beautiful drawings on them. That was his method of communication.








17. You do think about death. It's like, OK, the possibility is there. I wrote my letters. I didn't dwell on it. You have to pull yourself out of that. It's so not healthy to wallow in it. I think most people do, though. I think Keith thought I was a goner. He's a pretty positive guy, but when you say cancer to people it's just like a death sentence.


What do you think of Patti Hansen's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts