Skrillex Quotes

1. I think karma's very important.


2. I don't really think much is awkward.

3. Metal shows are all hate, like, I'm going to f...you up in the mosh pit. Electronic shows are all peace and love. They rage harder than metal fans.


4. Just don't be afraid to be yourself and write whatever comes out.


5. I feel inspired by younger artists.

6. Art is only art when you're truly happy with it. Especially with what we went through to do this record.


7. I want to make music. Everything else is secondary and inferior to the fact that I want to make music, and whatever happens will happen.






8. Ideally, I would like to tour with younger bands, like Endless Hallway, they're a really cool band. I like the idea of touring with younger bands that may have a similar thing that I'm doing, as far as my intentions go.


9. No one in the scene has a problem with me, I come to London and hang out with guys like Skream and Benga. Its just bullshit.





10. I don't care if he hangs out with Skream/Benga or whoever. It's just pure nonsense to ruin a hardcore genre with gay synths, chopped chipmunk vocals and cheesy poppy shit just so you can make a shitload of money and be an icon to a fanbase that consists of 13 year old wannabe dubheads and doesn't know shit about music.


11. It's weird, I don't really understand it. We get girls coming up crying; we get presents on a daily basis from people. They'll know about stuff that we just got into a week ago...It makes no sense to me.

12. My first real concert experience was Metallica in 1998.

13. The internet is the communication hub for the world.

14. When I first moved to L.A., my first friends that I met were in chat rooms. I was so desperate because it was the beginning of summertime and I had no friends. I went to an L.A. chat room and got their phone numbers. We started to talk on the phone and we ended up meeting at shows and stuff.


15. It was always my decision at a younger age that I never wanted to go through my teen life as a normal teenager, and finish high school, and go to proms and stuff. It felt natural to me. It's not so much about being in the music "bizz". It's more about doing music and knowing that your lifetime is such a small thing and to waste it doing anything else you don't like is just shooting yourself in the foot.

16. I love that song "Goodbye" by Spice Girls. It's actually one of the best choruses ever written.





17. I never really even hear these haters views, mainly because I don't have much time for the internet, I go to shows and all I see is love.


18. I don't go to bars much to be honest, but I'm only twenty so…I don't really get out much.



19. Flim from Aphex Twin is my favorite song.

20. I have inspiration A.D.D. It changes every five seconds.


21. Dubstep is the future; it's the new hip-hop, it's the new metal, it's the new everything.

22. I've been writing songs ever since I can remember. As I was in fetal position, I was etching songs into my mom's placenta.


What do you think of Skrillex's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts