Vince Vaughn Quotes

1. Nothing wrong with having pretty girls around, it always makes the day go faster.


2. I moved out at 18. I always studied classes and trained a lot, you know. I think nowadays is such a different time because there's so many channels promoting the celebrity aspect of things.

3. (on his goofy role as Santa's no-account brother Fred) Maybe next time we'll turn Labor Day on its ass.


4. The "Wild West" part is really a play on words.




5. (on taking a colossal pay cut to make a documentary) I could keep trying to do the same kind of comedies. You know how it's going to go, and you can get an audience with it, but then I feel like a hamster on a wheel.

6. Part of the reason I did this is I love interacting with the audience and it's live, and I love to see people, go places and interact with people...In doing movies, you're sort of on a set, doing scenes, but there is a big part about getting up in front of a crowd and interacting that I really enjoy and haven't done in a long time.


7. If I'm not interested in a woman, I'm straight-forward. Right after sex, I usually say: "I can't do this anymore. Thanks for coming over!"


8. I started going with my friend to a bar in New Orleans…I met a bunch of comics down there and I sort of emceed a show for the comics and I would improvise with the audience and that went over really well, so I did another one last year…in Chicago...and that also went really well, so I kind of decided to do one more starting in Los Angeles and heading to Chicago and out West and do that for 30 days and 30 nights.

9. I never heard of anyone crashing a wedding, but the producer of the movie who developed it, he said that when he was younger, he did crash weddings.


10. (on hooking up romantically with co-stars) It's understandable. You're in situations with an actress where you're supposed to be intimate, physical, and vulnerable with each other, and sometimes feelings get crossed. It's like you're away at summer camp and it seems to make sense, but when you go back home, the reality is that it may not be a situation you want to be in.

11. My father's name is Vernon, and my mother liked the initials double V, so she named my sisters Victoria and Valerie. That's cool - except when the dogs start getting V names.


12. I thought it would be fun to start in Hollywood and take a road trip to a lot of the great places in California.








13. I was lucky I always got along with girls. It was never like a big deal. I had a lot of girls that I was friends with that I wasn't sexual with. I think having two older sisters made me comfortable like that. I just like people, so I can just go up and say whatever.


14. Whenever you're scared of something, don't let that define you. We all feel it, but step up.







15. We were out of work actors who played a lot of video games, so we were sort of surprised that Swingers was seen as cool. I think any cool in it was a geekiness, an awkwardness that most people can relate to.


16. We had to reroute some of them (the shows) and where we were going because of what happened down in New Orleans, it's tragic...We were supposed to play Mobile (Ala.), which we can't play now either, so we're going to end up playing Arkansas and maybe Birmingham (Ala.). We're switching some venues, so I want to take the proceeds from those shows and maybe figure out what I want to do overall maybe do some of the proceeds from everywhere and be able to give it to some relief fund for what's happened out there.

17. It's a great chance to get on the bus and drive across America.







18. I'm into the Play Station now and I just got the Super Nintendo. I like the sports a lot, like hockey and football. I recently got into these solve-a-mystery games. They're like a bad drug. They just chuck two weeks out of your life.

19. My sense of humor has served me well.


20. I've never done a romantic comedy, because it seems they can't just tell a love story. It's always something like a radio station does a poll and decides these two people will get along, and if they do they get a million dollars. You don't need all of that to get into a love story.

21. My grandfather was a farmer so I was always raised that you worked very hard whatever your job is; my sister was a teacher. You're to be respected if you try hard and try to be good at something and the results are less important. You can't control that. The more important thing is that you tried your best. But now there's much more of an intention where some of these kids don't want to be actors, they want to be famous! Their focus isn't necessarily on craftsmanship.

22. I think too many people look at the arts with a religious outlook. Arts, music, singing and performing, it's all make-believe.


23. The best thing as an actor, the best tool you have is your imagination. That you kind of take things that have happened, and then go and expand on them. However small it is, you use your imagination to create what that reality is. There's something kind of fun when you're not old enough to do anything, driving a car, getting into a bar, drinking, going to a party you don't belong to, something when you're young in that innocent way.

24. It's sort of my vacation to get on the road.


25. I really like comedy that brings people together. There's a lot of comedies lately that have been at people's expense or been kind of acidic or mean-spirited. And some folks like that, and I think there's room for that, but that's not my style. I like something that makes us all feel closer. Comedy, at its best, can be healing.

26. This is not my first time in Cincinnati, and it won't be my last!

27. You don't worry about being liked. You have to be yourself.


28. My father came from nothing, so he believed that people could do anything if they worked hard enough. I think he liked that I chose to be an actor. Both he and my mom were totally supportive.







29. I've been there a few times…I shot a Western there years ago…and we would have some time to stop and I would go to Tucson. My dad lives out in Phoenix, so I go down to Tucson every now and then. The landscape in Tucson is just beautiful.


30. (on "The Cell") I didn't really want to do it, from reading the script. It didn't make a lot of sense to me. It was (Cell director) Tarsem (Singh) and his visuals that made me want to do it. It's almost like you walk through a museum exhibit of an artist in a dark period of his life.


31. As a kid I had a hard time reading in school. I was the kid who would go one period a day to the class for kids with learning disabilities.


32. I don't want it to stop…I can't handicap this thing.









33. You know, the better scripts I've seen lately have been comedy scripts.

34. I loved "Old School". I thought "Old School" was very different than a lot of the comedies that had come out. And that character I liked. I tried to ground him very much in reality and play him very much finding things important to him that are somewhat ridiculous.

35. The last book I read was the book I've been rereading most of my life "The Fountainhead".

36. My dad was a big card player.


37. (July 2005 - on quitting smoking) I quit smoking four months ago and since then I have been biting-chewing-fidgeting with anything that isn't nailed down. I quit cold turkey. I was up to two packs a day, I'm coughing, my eyes are red, I don't have energy, I'm not even enjoying it, so I just said: "That's it." I think it might've been easier if I went with Nicorette or one of those supplements, but I just don't get that. Let's see, I'm addicted to something, so I know! Let's pop some pills to get over it! Yeah, that makes sense. But now I find myself in conversations where people are looking at me and I'm salivating all over myself. This is how pathetic and sad it is: you start thinking: "Who am I without a cigarette in my hand?"


What do you think of Vince Vaughn's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts