John Mayer New Album "Paradise Valley" With A Katy Perry Duet

John Mayer included in his new album "Paradise Valley" (due on August 20) a duet with his girlfriend Katy Perry.


"When you first read the reports about (the duet), you'll think that it's a gimmick…I love a good challenge and that's certainly one," Mayer revealed, adding: "But the hope is you hear it once because of the curiosity and then you go: "Wow, I really like that. I could find a place for hearing that a lot more.""


"Paradise Valley" is the first collection of songs Mayer has cut since regaining his voice in late 2012 following a series of surgeries and botox injections that caused him to cancel promotional and tour commitments for 2012's "Born and Raised." In addition to "Who You Love," the centerpiece collaboration with Perry, there's a pair of songs called "Wildfire," the first of which was written and performed by Frank Ocean and the second a response penned by Mayer. As for the lead single, "Paper Doll," is written not-so-obliquely about Taylor Swift as a semi-response to her own "Dear John."

"The thing I love about my career the most is it's not an attempt to be a blockbuster," Mayer claimed, noting: "There's stuff on the charts, if you played it for me to tell you if I thought it would be a hit, I'd have been wrong. So who am I to act as if I've got the recipe for a hit? Think about how elevated the expectation is now for success-is it a million views of something? That's a lot of views. Is it 10 million views? Is it 30 million views? For me now, it's how many people are at a show."


Source: Billboard


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts