Abbie Cornish Quotes

1. I like doing my own hair and make-up because it's me. This is my own dress, it's me, and I'm happy with it. It's nice not to be too full-on.

2. I'm one of five kids and we lived on a massive farm in New South Wales with my mum and dad.


3. I'm pretty good at dying. You only live once so if you can represent someone's life and death I think that's amazing.





4. I had an amazing childhood.

5. I never felt like I was an actor or anything. It was like I had this lucky part of my life, but I never thought, this is what I'm going to do for the rest of my life. And I feel like I'm still going. All the little bits in between...are a waiting period for me, where I'm making the money to be able to travel again.


6. I've been choosy about everything since I can remember. I was born picky. I have never just done something to do it - I've always been particular. At 17, I realized that film was like a cave within a cave, a kind of secret world where I could invest all my creativity. When they're good, movies can create a lasting universe and they are a communal experience.

7. Whenever I am acting, it's everything, you know. If I'm researching a role, I'm completely consumed in that and, between action and cut, I live in this suspended time. It's a really amazing experience and the only other thing I get it from is music.


8. I'm portable. I carry a laptop and a little recording studio on my back.


9. I don't think stardom is for me...I don't see myself that way.

10. Something I've noticed as I get older is that I do think about the future more. It's all positive thinking.

11. I'm very passionate.

12. We were very good friends and we did spend a lot of time together, yeah. But we're friends and that's it.

13. I love love stories, no matter how dark.


14. The other music I make is more experimental for me; it's not one genre in particular, just whatever I feel like, she says. Sometimes with the electronic stuff it's beats, sometimes I use a computer, also to record. I'm portable. I carry a laptop, and a little recording studio on my back.

15. I'm pretty unusual for an actress in Hollywood because I am totally unselfconscious about my body.


16. I'm a vegetarian and very much active in regards to how I feel about animal rights and protecting animals and giving animals a voice. But at the same time, I appreciate and respect other people's decisions to eat meat. The only thing that I hope is that people are educated, that they're aware, that they're living a conscious lifestyle.

17. I've been rapping since I was 18 years old, with a crew called Blades.

18. I play the keyboard, piano - I like making beats.


19. The "tall poppy syndrome". They don't like it in Australia when one poppy stands taller than the others. If you become successful, they assume you are a taller poppy. When I won awards for Somersault, there was probably some talk about the tall poppies, but I intentionally move around a lot and I didn't pay attention. I don't stay in one place for long — even now I don't have an apartment. I just have a storage space in Melbourne and a suitcase. I'll stay with family and friends, or in hotels and sublets for a while, and I go in and out of my storage space and swap clothes or just buy new stuff. I still haven't figured out the perfect way to live in one place.

20. I've got heaps of dreams.

21. When I finish a film, I find that travel scares and intrigues me. It makes me feel selfless and nonjudgmental. When you are making a movie, it's hard to feel either of those things.

22. A lot of people I make music with are really talented and it doesn't stop at one instrument.

23. My mum is an artist and very into creative expression and freedom.

24. I think it's really important to live in the moment.


25. (on the rumors about her fling with Ryan Phillippe) That was scary. I kept thinking: "Don't pay attention to what they write". This is not why I do this job. The fear is that there are so many things that you cannot control. With the media now, and especially the internet, there is not much you can do. It's all been crazy in the last five years. Let's just say I try to avoid a lot of internet culture. I don't look myself up. Although I do find it strange that the internet and the tabloids express dislike and judge without having access to the truth. They say and do anything about anyone, and it only generates hate.

26. (on her experience filming "Sucker Punch" movie) It's the best experience I've ever had on a film. We all just had so much fun and made such great friends and it's like a little family.

27. You know, it doesn't feel like things are happening super fast. There's a bit of a spotlight, obviously. There's more scripts to read, more interviews and photographs. But I just live my own life.


28. In real life, I'm pretty much an eternal optimist.






29. I am good at distancing myself. I just get away, get on a plane, disappear from even myself. When I act, I become someone else. And when I travel, I lose myself. It's an interesting way to live.

30. Moving out was quite easy, to tell you the truth. I was 16 so I was fearless, I didn't worry about anything. If I didn't have money, I just wouldn't eat. If I didn't have money for three days, I just wouldn't eat. By the third day maybe I'd scram some change and get some money for a laksa and that would do me for two days.


31. I didn't go to the cinemas a lot as a kid.



32. To be honest, I enjoy all different types of films and experiences.

33. The hardest part is getting your clothes off at first in front of the people who haven't seen you naked before. The first time you get nude in front of someone, it's hard, and then it's: "Well, you've seen everything now; it's OK, we can shoot the rest of the day".


34. I used to paint a lot of oil and now I paint more mixed-media stuff.

35. Playing different characters in different films helps keep you excited about what you do. It always seems like a whole new adventure.


36. I've met people who don't come out of the shower naked but I run around everywhere naked; I love it, I think it's great.







37. I don't see the point in working just to be working.

38. I didn't actually know what a vegetarian was until I was 13 years old. I know in this day and age it's hard to believe that, but I think because I grew up on a farm, I wasn't indulged in magazines, newspapers, Internet, television. And so, for some reason, I was never exposed to what a vegetarian was.


39. Some scripts aren't crap, but they don't do anything for you. You don't understand why they're being made. I'm lucky there are films like Somersault and Candy around that allow me to get my hands dirty.




40. I'm a fan of Bradley Cooper's.

41. I remember so much beauty. I'd lie on the trampoline with my brothers and look at the stars all night.


42. I think as a child you know when it's time for your parents to split. You realize they love each other, but they're not in love with each other. And I think as a child it's much better for your parents to split than for them to stay and have dysfunction within the family.






43. All the films have been my own decision. You know straight away if something isn't right for you. You have the films where you're like: "Oh my gosh, I have to do that film". And then there's the 'maybe' group. But what I've come to realize with the maybe group, if there's any doubt keeping it from being a complete passion.


44. I was about 10 when I started taking photos. I used to get my little brothers and sister and set them up in shots. I used to think I was a photographer with my own studio and stuff. I also had art supplies coming out of my ears. That's what I'd get for Christmas and birthdays.






45. I got into DJing and making beats when I was about 17. I was always fascinated by the four elements of hip-hop: you know, writing, rhyming, breakdancing and graffiti.


46. Growing up on a farm was the best. I remember loving that expanse of space. The sky at night was so clear, I could see every star.

47. When I step into a character's shoes, I don't judge them. I make a conscious effort not to look from the outside in but look from the inside out, and when you do that it allows you to feel and sense things more, and act and react from a core, you know?

48. I'm a bit hyperactive as an actor, I like to keep moving.


49. I see part of the way some people work or operate.








50. I don't think blockbuster movies really appeal to me. The thing is, I'm still that person from the farm.

51. If you're going to be an actor, you almost need fame in order to keep being an actor. If you're in demand by people and fans, which makes you famous, then that's what keeps you going because people want to see your movies. So I think they go hand in hand.


52. When I was a teenager, me and a couple of my friends entered a couple of modeling competitions just for fun, and one of those got me an agent in Sydney.

53. I live a normal life.

54. I think I was born to just let everything out, you know what I mean, born to create. Ever since I was a kid I always had my fingers covered in paint, and every birthday and Christmas I would get inundated with art supplies. I'd steal mum's camera and take photographs…I was always creating and building. I'd build rafts and swim in the local dam, build mud-cakes and cubby houses and run around playing commandos.


55. Making a movie is, for me, like painting. I just enjoy the care that goes into every brushstroke and the choice of every color. I enjoy the intensity of it.



56. Whenever I am acting, it's everything, you know. If I'm researching a role, I'm completely consumed in that and, between action and cut, I live in this suspended time.


57. I'm always writing lyrics. I have so many lyrics on so many stray pieces of paper. Everywhere.

58. I do abstract impressions on canvas, lots of color and texture...Like Basquiat.

59. I've been a vegetarian since I was 13. I've always had a super soft spot for animals. I was always rearing baby cows and hatching eggs under a light bulb.


What do you think of Abbie Cornish quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts