Celebrities React To Jersey Shore Fire

The popular Jersey Shore avenue was largely damaged by a massive fire on Thursday.

The blaze, which began at a Seaside Park ice cream shop, broke out at about 3 p.m., and is still raging as more than 400 firefighters strive to get it under control.


An estimated 50 businesses over eight blocks have been destroyed, with firefighters struggling to contain the fire's spread.

The site is known globally not just as a tourist attraction, but as the filming location for MTV's "Jersey Shore."

The boardwalk and its attractions were entirely ravaged nearly a year ago in Hurricane Sandy, and now those very same landmarks have been totaled again.


At a press conference, Chris Christie, the governor of New Jersey, revealed to reporters: "I said to my staff, I feel like I want to throw up, and that's me. After all the effort and time and resources that we've put in to help the folks in Seaside Park and Seaside Heights rebuild. To see this going on...is just unthinkable."

Various "Jersey Shore" cast members have since taken to twitter to express their disappointment and sadness over the fire in the place they once called home.

"My prayers to seaside park❤ can't catch a break...praying for the volunteers, fire department & residence," Snooki tweeted.



JWoww wrote on twitter:  "Omg my thoughts and prayers are with everyone in seaside."





DJ Pauly D tweeted: "My thoughts and prayers go out to everyone in Seaside right now, it's heartbreaking to see my second home go through another devastation."

"Just heard about seaside & my heart is breaking. Prayers to everyone! This is devastating seeing my other home go through this once again," Sammi Sweetheart shared.


Deena Cortese stated: "I can't believe what's going on in seaside right now :( so sad ...so many memories."

Luckily, no injuries have been reported.




Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts