Donna Marie Trego Spends £60,000 To Look Like Lady Gaga

Super Lady Gaga fan Donna Marie Trego spent a whooping £60,000 to recreate Lady Gaga's eccentric image.

Trego, 37, from Cardiff, began her career as a tribute act in 2010 and has since spent literally a fortune on clothing, wigs and a group of dancers.



Apparently all of her time, money and efforts have paid off as she now performs around the world and has even been mistaken for Mother Monster herself.


At the start of her career as Gaga, Donna had just six outfits, most of which she had made herself.

But since signing with a lookalike agency her career - and wardrobe - have expanded, and Trego now owns 40 outfits, including a bra that emits sparks, while being paid thousands of pounds for every performance. 

"I didn't realize the time and effort I would need to dedicate to this to make it work,"  Trego was quoted as saying, explaining: "There's a lot of Gaga lookalikes and it's really competitive".



"I could have put down a deposit on a nice house but instead everything I earn goes back into my act - I'm a perfectionist, everything has to be a certain way," Trego continued.



"When I started I couldn't have predicted how crazy it would go. She's constantly evolving and I have to keep up with that," Trego stated.

"It's not like being an Elvis impersonator, he's not going to release another song, Gaga is always changing. I'm more than just a lookalike. I'm a tribute and an impersonator," Trego noted.




Trego's career began after she appeared on stage during a theme night in the bar where she worked.

Trego revealed: "I was watching the tribute act and thought: "I could do a better job than this", but I was worried what my husband Nigel would say. The next thing I know he came running through the crowd and shouted that I should be a Gaga tribute. We slept on it and booked a gig a month away the next day."


Donna has now performed across the world, including Germany, Bahrain and Gran Canaria, and has won awards, including a Goscar - a gay Oscar, for the originality of her act.



Trego has recently performed the "Born This Way: A Lady Gaga experience" at St David's Hall in Cardiff for the third year running.


Trego claimed: "I think the way I've done my show you don't even have to be a Gaga fan to enjoy it. Every night goes down really well. I am constantly watching her and how she evolves so I can get it right. It's an amazing thing. She's taken over my life. My house is full of costumes. There's a bit of Gaga in every room."


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts