Elton John: "I Feel Sorry" For Lindsay Lohan And Justin Bieber

Elton John feels "sorry" for Lindsay Lohan and Justin Bieber, and has even written a song "The Diving Board" - also the title of his new album - about them getting "swallowed up" in stardom.


While John, now 66, himself struggled with alcohol and drug abuse when he was younger, he claims the song is not about himself.


"It's about Lindsay Lohan, Justin, all these kids who are out there now not knowing what the hell is going on," the iconic performer revealed to Event magazine.

Elton noted: "I hate to think of Lindsay because she had a talent, she was a great actress, and then it became all about the madness, the parties and everyone forgets about what put them there in the first place; they get lost in the idea that they are famous for who they are, not what they are."


"I feel sorry for these kids. I was 23 when I got famous. And I made every mistake in the book," John was quoted as saying, adding: "But whatever was going on, the drinking, the drugs, whatever, I was still making music, I kept making music and I never stopped."

Elton claimed in the mag: "It was definitely rehab that saved me but it was music, that work ethic, that sense of "this is what I'm here for" that kept me from totally blowing away in a bubble."

Elton John, who recently had a near fatal appendicitis,  reveals he is still "passionate" about making music, but "I worry that these kids will just get swallowed up."



Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!


Comments

Popular Posts