Vanessa Paradis Quotes

1. (about Johnny Depp) He know french culture better than me and particularly history of France. One must say that I am a big idler and that my head is like a sieve. Still, I was good at school but I remember many less things than him. He is fascinated by great persons, even those who are repugnant to him. He wants to know the because of the why. Including about the dictators. Especially about the dictators. Architecture also fascinates him. When we go for a walk in Paris and one of us asks: "What is it, that stuff?", hop it's Johnny who answers! One must say that the boy reads non-stop: novels, biographies…and everything he reads, he remembers.
2. I started in music - and modeling and acting came later, so I don't think that side of things has made people in the music industry take me any less seriously. Anyway, I started at an age when I didn't look my best - I was only a teenager.

3. (about Johnny Depp) He does what he wants. He passed on the majority of the large blockbusters that were handed to him. He always chose his projects by his convictions and never went with the obvious.


4. It's not my style to judge anybody.


5. (about Johnny Depp) He is always beautiful. There, when you see the photographs of "Willy Wonka", you find that he is…Notice, me too…the problem, it's that the boy is too beautiful. However he does all that he can to make himself ugly. And if he had his way, he would do even more to disfigure himself for the physical transformation. But the studios hold him back. The producers know very well that they can more easily sell a movie with a sexier guy. It is necessary that they keep a little bit of his beauty. If it were up to him, he would have more freedom.

6. I just like putting outfits together without much thought and seeing what the outcome is.






7. (about Johnny Depp) Each summer people say we're supposed to be getting married, but we don't talk about it that much. He's got me, and he knows he's got me.


8. My children are grown now, they are more independent.




9. (about winning Johnny Depp) Tamed. What's that? Like a lion? Nooo, no, we did it to each other.

10. The internet has created monsters. People that wouldn't have the balls to say anything in person but they get a keyboard under their fingers and, well, there's that saying: "Anonymity is a shield from the tyranny of the majority".


11. (about plastic surgery) I don't work in America, so I don't feel the pressure.







12. (on how she handles rumors) It depends which rumor. Here, this is one which could hurt my family. After that…they say that we have 52 houses in France, we separate in winter, we get married every summer. Me, I'm in my 12th pregnancy. All this is, I don't know, because the Queen of England didn't lose her teeth this week and there's nothing happening.


13. (about the gap in her teeth) Why would I fix them? I was born with them, I can spit water through them. They're useful!

14. I realize how unique my path has been. And I'm thankful for that.

15. My daughter loves singing above all else.


16. (about Johnny Depp) I like watching him when he's thinking, when he's talking with people, I like seeing how he handles situations. I admire him as an actor, as a father, as a man. Above all, I admire the person he is. He's fantastic.





17. There are so many haters in the world, so many miserable people. It was a joke. It wasn't even meant like: "I hate Chris Brown". Twitter brings out the best and worst in people - myself included. With the Chris Brown thing I got death threats for days. My favorite was: "I will snatch you within an inch of your life". I don't know how that works exactly, but whatever you want.


18. A TV presenter was once talking about people he couldn't stand and one of them was me. He said my voice was too quiet; as a singer, that's a pretty bad thing to hear. But then you can't please everyone, and I don't want to.

19. I love what I do.


20. (about Johnny Depp) We've understood that if we want it to carry on working, it's essential to give each other space. You don't eat the same food every day, you don't read the same book or listen to the same record over and over again. You have to discover things for yourself.

21. (her tips to keep a relationship healthy) Love, respect and patience. I think it's important to spend quality time together. We like watching old movies with Bogart and Bacall and Jean Gabin and Alain Delon.

22. (about having children with Johnny Depp) I'd wanted to be a mother for a long time, but with him I couldn't avoid it. He was, and still is, the love of my life.


23. Not everyone is lucky enough to be given space and trust.

24. Love is the strongest and most fragile thing we have in life.

25. People don't get through to the essence of you right away - it's always the famous "girl" or the famous "girlfriend". I'd rather be known for myself.


26. I mostly want to be friends with my children.


27. "Singin' in the Rain" was the one for me. Yeah. I mean, Gene Kelly could just sway and never fall. He'd just sway and sway as he danced.

28. I have a problem with the term soul mates, it scares me a lot. It's such a strong statement - it's like a marriage contract. I believe in love, and I want to believe that it lasts forever. But I'm like everyone else, you have to take things a day at a time and you can never know what comes next. All you can do is hope and love and live.


29. Nothing is ever for sure, but when something in love doesn't work from the beginning, it's never going to work. Don't push it.

30. The movies and the parts I'm being offered are becoming better and better.

31. I understand those who don't like me.


32. Will we marry? I really have no idea. I'm not really for it or against it. There is something romantic about it and there's something scary about it. If you're happy without it, why bother?


33. I don't want to sound pretentious but ever since I was tiny people have said: "Oh, isn't she pretty?" It became embarrassing.

34. I'm not able to be a model and I don't want to be one.


35. The songs from your childhood, when you hear them you get chills all over.




36. How many times do I have to repeat this: my childhood was fantastic.

37. The red carpet is not something I really know how to work. It intimidates me. I feel very tiny.


38. I know what I'm doing next, and next is my record. But after that I don't know.


39. I was an only child until I was 11 years old, which is when my sister was born. So for 11 years, it was just me.

40. The only thing I want to say is, I know I'm not Einstein, but I'm not the queen of the imbeciles either.

41. Sometimes you could be in an unhappy relationship; you are very much in love with someone, but it's making you unhappy and you think things can change and you can work it out.


42. Well, my type is obviously creative. Creative, with burning eyes and a pretty mouth.




43. I was for sure not prepared for fame when it happened.

44. I am so filled in France that I've never felt the need (to have a hollywood career). Especially as the music takes me already beyond the European borders. And then make a film career in the United States requires high availability. But I do not want to prevent me from living my life or impinge on Mom. Anyway, if they seek me, they will know where to find me.


45. There are forms of art that I might not like to do myself, but I still have respect for the artists who create it.


46. Cafe De Flore speaks of love, its joys, its pains and its dramas - to love and to lose. This story upset me, I was upside-down, in the depths of myself.

47. When I started to record, I could sing in pitch, but that was maybe about it.

48. I was born in a suburb of Paris, and I grew up there until I was 16, so there were always a lot of barbecues, a garden, friends.


49. (about her daughter, Lily Rose) Right now I hope she can wait, live her life, and be prepared. She sings a lot, which is great to build up her voice. But it's a very strange situation.




50. When you meet the love of your life, it's just obvious and natural and easier.


51. You fall for who the chemistry is with.





52. Who said that artists should sell their soul, expose everything about themselves?

53. I'd rather sing a good lyric written by someone else than one of my own that is terrible.

54. Women are the real superheroes because they're not just working. They have a life and everything.


55. (about Johnny Depp) When he plays a character, he makes him up at 50%, he grabs him and takes him very far. I would love to be able to do the same. For "Ed Wood", whom he didn't know anything about, he made up everything. He put false teeth and made this weird accent. But one should never see his movies in French version. For "Sleepy Hollow", a story which exists forever, he moved the detective into a scared unmanly character. Nobody dared to deal with him like that.

56. As long as you're fully present in what you're doing at the moment, you're doing it.





57. You keep learning all the time.

58. I'm super lucky because I come home and I don't have to run errands and clean the house and do all that.


59. (about Johnny Depp) He isn't afraid of playing a bastard, a lousy or a perverse guy. He isn't ashamed. Still, each time he finds something, he thinks that he's going to be fired, that he goes too far. He doesn't fear to try, even in the extreme, he just fears not to do well. In fact, he always doubts.

60. You know, when I eat three peas, I'm pregnant. When I visit a city, I'm buying a house.

61. The idea of a soulmate is beautiful and very romantic to talk about it in a movie or a song, but in reality, I find it scary.


62. (about Johnny Depp) Indirectly, yes. Looking at him, I learned to use gestures more. I used that here, there and everywhere. In "Benny & Joon", whereas he has an important declaration to make, he plays with his look to break the rhythm and launch the action when nobody expects it. This play with the look inspires me a little sometimes...

63. I do sometimes strongly hope that in a past life, my most recent life before this, I was absolutely horrible, evil, hideous. Because otherwise - well, hell, to even things up next time around, I'm going to have to pay for this one, am I not?



64. If you have the support of people with a heart and a brain, then you're good.


65. My mum told me to have patience. It's about realizing that when things aren't going the way you want them to, or you don't have inspiration, it will come.

66. Fear can make all of us do the wrong things sometimes.

67. (about Johnny Depp) He's got good taste. When he didn't speak French well, we spent hours translating their songs. They deeply moved him.


68. I love clothes but I have spent so much of my professional life creating an image of one kind or another that it is nice not to care about it in life and let your skin breathe.

69. If your heart is in love, you can do anything.

70. I love the romance of "let's get married," but then, when you have it so perfect…I mean, I'm more married than anybody can be - we have two kids. Maybe one day, but it's something I can really do without.


71. I am a complete sentimentalist when it comes to clothes. I have so many memories attached to them that I can't throw anything out.


72. It amuses me when I'm described as "chic."

73. I could sing in English before I could understand it because I phonetically learned it from the musicals.


74. In the winter I separate, in the summer I marry. It's been 15 years since I've been getting married every year.


75. I don't believe you can say "forever"; I don't believe it exists.

76. It's a courageous thing to do something that doesn't have rules or limits.


77. I don't like things set in stone.

78. It has been extraordinary, wonderful, I've been three feet off the ground since I made that first record.

79. I don't have the recipe for happiness, but I think the engine is simply having the desire.


80. I don't have famous neighbours and if I did, I'd avoid them. I don't live the jet-set.


81. I liked to play dress-up.

82. It's difficult when you want it all.

83. I hate, for example, whenever you hear someone say: "You have work at being a couple."

84. Life is like the ocean, it goes up and down.


What do you think of Vanessa Paradis quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts