Alexis Neiers: "I Was Molested As A Child"

Alexis Neiers claims she was molested as a child.

Neiers, 22, best known for her role in the infamous Hollywood "Bling Ring" and appearing on the E! reality series "Pretty Wild", made the shocking revelation in a blog post on Vice.

The reformed socialite provided specific information about the sexual abuse she suffered at the hands of a male relative, explaining that her repressed memories about the trauma inadvertendly led to her drug abuse and battles with depression.


"After getting sober for the first time at age 18, I quickly relapsed and began having night terrors about sexual attacks that happened to me as a child," Neiers recalled.




Neiers continued: "After my memories resurfaced, I kept the history of sexual abuse a secret for another year, until I entered rehab for my addiction."


Neiers' therapist stated she had an obligation to go to the cops, but Alexis resisted giving any more details.







With the passage of time, the former reality star changed her mind.



"I knew in my heart that, at the end of the day, this man has a child - a child who is the same age I was when he started abusing me," Alexis was quoted as saying, noting: "I would feel responsible if anything happened."


Neiers' confession - 19 years after the abuse took place and four years after her memories returned - coincides with her decision to eventually report the incidents to the police.






"I didn't report his actions for revenge or to make myself feel better - it was a painful experience and reporting the abuse doesn't keep the painful memories from returning,"Neiers explained.


Neiers, who now works as a drug and alcohol counselor, added: "I'm making my traumatic history public knowledge, because one in five girls and one in 20 boys are victims of childhood sexual abuse. To prevent him from abusing other children and to begin the healing process, I had to speak up."





You can read the full blog post HERE.



Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts