Rihanna On Princess Diana: "She Was Gangsta"

Rihanna discusses haters, style and tanning topless in the new Glamour.


"My love for fashion - let me say, my admiration for fashion - started with my mom," Rihanna revealed to the mag, noting: "I used to watch her get dressed. She was around my age right now, and she was so fly. So fly. I remember not even knowing how to do that because I was such a tomboy."

On who she admires, Rihanna responded: "Oh my God, are you kidding me? Nicole Richie. She just pisses me off, she's so good," explaining: "But you know who is the best who ever did it? Princess Diana. She was like - she killed it."


Rihanna claimed: "Every look was right. She was gangsta with her clothes. She had these crazy hats. She got oversize jackets. I loved everything she wore."



Rihanna stated: "Every look was right. She was gangsta with her clothes. She had these crazy hats. She got oversize jackets. I loved everything she wore."


Glamour asked Rihanna about leaving Barbados as "Robyn" and turning into "Rihanna."






"When people call me Robyn, my head just flies around because I feel like that person knows me. But Rihanna, that tends to be people's own (creation)," Rihanna replied, adding: "Robyn is who I am. Rihanna - that's an idea of who I am."


Rihanna continued: "I got teased my entire school life. What they were picking on I don't even understand. It was my skin color (which was lighter than her classmates'). Then when I got older, it was about my breasts," Rihanna was quoted as saying.




"But I'm not victimized - I'm grateful. I think those experiences were strategically put together by God for the preparation of being in the music industry. It's so easy for me to deal with the bullsh-t now," Rihanna admitted.


"There's stuff like not being able to walk around as I please," Rihanna confessed, stating: "I feel like I'm being watched. Always. Like, I want to tan topless somewhere, and I know I probably could never do that. Even if I'm upstairs in my bedroom, and the curtains are pulled, I feel like a paparazzo's outside on a boat somewhere or somebody's peeping."

Of course Rihanna is aware of the fact that her fans and others are bound to misundestand her.




Rihanna noted: "I know I am (misunderstood). That's why it's important for me to know who I am. There's no way for people to know me. All they have are a couple of pictures and some crazy headlines to go off of."

On the other hand, Rihanna can deal with the haters.


"I can't run from it. You can't change who you are. It's important for me to know who I am and work with that," Rihanna continued; adding: "They're gonna keep knocking away until all this comes crashing down. But I'm not gonna ever crash. I'm in control."



Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts