Tom Welling Quotes

1. To me, from the beginning, this show has always been about Clark before Superman. And for me, flying then brings you into the realm of Superman. I find it much more interesting to concentrate on the development of this character and show you what happened in his life to make him become this Superman that we all know him to be.

2. Well, I can't have my fingernails clipped or filed, I just don't like it. So when they get long, I'll bite them and spit them.


3. (on why he dislikes interviews) I don't want to be a celebrity for the sake of being a celebrity. I wanna work and then go home and live in private.




4. (on having his own action figure) I don't think one is ever prepared for something like that. But it's fun. I hope it's durable.


5. I love having time to prepare my lines and more time off.

6. I once jumped off cliffs on the coast of Italy, 50 feet into the water. I'm adventurous, and I love pushing the limits and doing things like that.

7. What gives me the most satisfaction is watching the pilot, because we've come along so far myself included. That always puts a smile on my face, because at the time I was really figuring it all out at once, but now we've all grown up a little bit: the production, myself, the scripts, the story lines. Everything! For me it's very entertaining to watch Clark.


8. "Judging Amy" was really my first big break. I did three episodes, they asked me to do three more, and then I got "Smallville".





9. I have so much chaos in my life, it's become normal. You become used to it. You have to just relax, calm down, take a deep breath and try to see how you can make things work rather than complain about how they're wrong.


10. With everything that Clark has…all these abilities, all these opportunities…it's all a secret, and it alienates him.






11. The success of the show ("Smallville") is because people can relate to the characters. I come home on Tuesday night, after it's been taped for me, and I'm still having fun. That's a good sign.


12. If I was invincible, maybe I would take up some extreme sports.

13. I have children someday, I'm going to be able to show them I was part of this great icon. It's a great feeling.

14. The idea of a perfect vacation is not working or not having to work and having no appointments.


15. Modeling, for me, was not fulfilling. I didn't see the point - although I was able to travel a great deal. I lived in Italy, Germany, and Spain, but I wasn't devoted to it.

16. I think I was brought up in a respectful household.

17. I wasn't the most popular kid in school but I wasn't an outcast. I played sports all the way through high school and was average. I was never hung up as a scarecrow and I could never flip cars or anything like that, but not too many others could do that either!


18. The first few episodes of the series were taxing for cast and crew. The biggest challenge for me was rest. We were out of control as far as production goes, working sometimes 20 hour days, and working on three different episodes at one time. That's changed now: things are more predictable and easier. It's simpler to wrap your brain around what to expect when you go to work, and what you're working on. I had no idea what it was going to be like; I had nothing to compare it to.

19. I'm in a position now where I can play certain roles and when I get older, I won't be able to. So, I don't have a strategy of trying to grow up too quick, I just want to kind of look at everything.



20. I like being in new places and seeing new sights.


21. When you ask a woman a question, you want to hear what she really thinks about something, not necessarily what she thinks you want to hear.

22. You know one of the things about going from modeling to acting is it's so much more fulfilling. With modeling, you get your picture taken, which is great, good for you, you know? But in acting, you're able to reach in and show a little bit more of yourself.

23. I technically haven't played "Superman" yet. Once you put on the "Superman" costume, it's such a strong, iconic image, people have trouble seeing you any other way.


24. I love going to movies. It's just big, it takes you away, you can escape into it.








25. I love the medium of film.

26. It wasn't "Lois & Clark". It wasn't "Superman". It was about a high school kid. Going into that first audition, I didn't know how anyone could prepare to play this role, and as I was waiting in the room to go in to the audition, I realized that you have to take everything that makes this kid a super hero, and throw it out the window. I had to do it just like a normal kid. The special effects and everything else would help fill in the blanks and that's how I've tried to attack this material, even now.


What do you think of Tom Welling's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts