Vampira Quotes

1. (regarding the film "Plan 9 from Outer Space") At the time, I thought it was horrible. I knew immediately I'd be committing professional suicide, but I thought "what choice do I have?" Somehow, I seemed to be dead already. I love glamour and physical beauty. I've always been fascinated by beautiful men on the screen: Tyrone Power, Robert Walker, with soft-focus filters and velvet voices. That's what Ed Wood was like. Beautiful dreamy eyes and long, sweeping lashes just beautiful. He didn't make a very pretty lady (in "Glen or Glenda"), but he made an awfully pretty man.


2. (on Edward D. Wood Jr.) I just thought he was a low-born idiot. With no talent at all. Just a brazen, foolish idiot…You know, I thought he was just a goon. Ah, I wasn't looking squarely…I just cast a glance, and just dismissed him with a thought. Kind of snobbish and foolish of me. But then over the years as I've mellowed and grown a little more sensible, and I began to look at this man after, after the fact. And I thought: "Incredible what he managed to achieve!" Without any help! And the obstacles that he managed to overcome! Somehow, it's…miraculous. It's more than just persistence. Yes, he had a lot of persistence - that's for sure. But he also had a gilded karma that this was all intended to be.


What do you think of Vampira's quotes?


Feel free to comment and share this blog post if you find it interesting!

Comments

Popular Posts